3. American Queen
Everything was wonderful! The embarkation and disembarkation at all ports was great--the crew was helpful (my husband is wheelchair-bound)--but we don't get to use the Grand Staircase (duh!) we had to go around the Dining Room through coiled ropes, storage lockers, etc to get to the front of the ship, but even that was interesting to see what they have. The food was delicious! I ate a lot of fish and tried to keep desserts to sorbet (I am maintaining a 60 pound weight loss) so I always added the fresh vegetables, which were different every night (yippee!) We ordered lunch to go when we were on long excursions and they were really nice sandwiches, etc. with carrots and celery when I remembered to request them. The desserts were delicious and a real challenge to eat the whole thing. Yummy! The entertainments was nice--a bit country for my taste, but enjoyable nonetheless. I did one of the games early in the cruise and made several friends that I kept running into, so that was nice. There is a self-service laundry (free) so I didn't have to pack so much and could just do a load when I needed to, nor did I have to pack dirty laundry to take home. I really enjoyed watching the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers as we floated by. It was really lovely! And relaxing. And going through the locks was quite interesting! I also enjoyed reading in the Ladies Lounge--very light and comfortable chairs to sit in. Hint--Don't try to use the computers onboard if you want service. It is really spotty, but I knew that before. I also enjoyed walking around the Promenade Deck each day. People were very nice to cheer me on and I got to see both sides of the ship while I walked. I didn't really use the gym--why a treadmill when the view is fantastic?? HINT--take a sweater or sweatshirt to wear to the Dining Room, Show Room and some of the other public rooms. They are kept at Arctic temperatures!! I wore the provided bathrobe more in public rooms than in my cabin.

Fabulous!

American Queen Cruise Review by darstanb@gmail.com

darstanb@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Queen price drops

The dark wood is nice, but dark. The Cabin was very nice and roomy, but we had to move lights around so my husband could see to do his diabetes testing. The bathroom is also nice and room with shelves for storage.