3. Silver Wind
My previous experiences on the Silversea line ships were pleasant. The ship was comfortable. The food was excellent and the locations we were docked in were all close to the centre of cities except Copenhagen. The absence of classes and prepaid liquour packages was appreciated. We went on prebooked shore excursions in most ports and found them to be well planed and educative. Our cabin butler was extremely helpful and always had a small snack prepared when we returned from the day long excursions. The best meals were served at the dining facility on the pool deck. What was a disappointment was firstly the lack of cleanliness of our cabin. This does not mean our room maid did not clean our cabin daily in a satisfactory manner rather it was the lack of cleanliness that was deeply ingrained - the nuts and chip remains and sweet papers that remained wedged between the seat cushion and back of the lounge chairs in our cabin, the half inch wide strip of dust that remained around all the base of the cabin walls, the mildew that covered parts of.the sealing around the shower/bath. The cabin need a thorough clean something that was unlikely to be achieved when we alighted at 10am at Tower Bridge and the next passengers arrived at 1pm. Secondly the cabins themselves are starting to show their age. One should not hear the passengers in the adjacent cabins - talking, coughing, using the toilet or watching TV. Also showers in baths in my view are dangerous especially in a structure as unstable as a ship and especially for passengers whose age was very similiar to my own. A simple shower would be much safer. Thirdly some waiters in the buffet left much to be desired. I am not sure if it was the dispute between them two of them at one lunch -who was responsible for which tables, or the way we were ignored at breakfast when we did not wish to be served coffee before our breakfast commenced - we requested tea later after we had eaten our main dish. This in fact never came in the 2 weeks we had breakfast. I had to get up from our table to ask a waiter directly. This is substandard service and reflects either a lack of training or awareness by some waiters. I addition the waiters in the cocktail bar need to be educated on the difference between a jacket and a coat. This has been omitted from their education. Overall while the ship experience was 4 star the cabins with the exception of the beds which were most comfortable, were 3 star at best. Not as good as my previous Silversea boats. I may again travel with Silversea but not on this boat nor on their new larger boats.Their intermediate sized boats are the most comfortable.

A relaxed way to visit the major cities in the Baltic

Silver Wind Cruise Review by smatt

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Midship Veranda Suite

smatt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Wind price drops

Midship Veranda Suite
Cabin DV 541
Our cabin needed a through clean ( floor, furniture, bathroom walls) and better sound proofing. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The shower in the bath did not reflect the cost of our ticket . Overall the cabin was comparable to a room in a 3 star hotel where one can sometimes hear the guests in the adjacent room. We expected a 5 star cabin especially for the price paid.
Deck 7 Suite Cabins