3. Norwegian Spirit
I chose this cruise so my sister and I could take away our Mum for her 85th Birthday, having previously enjoyed two excellent NCL cruises last year, both on the Jade (from Venice), and the Escape (from Miami). Unfortunately it was evident right from the start that Norwegian had compromised quality and service on this ship, with guest services and management disinterested and unhelpful, food quality in non-speciality restaurants, disappointing and repetitive and the entertainment almost non-existent. Cleanliness was compromised too. Day after day, old stained towels were given out to use with the sun-loungers, with staff oblivious to this. Even a bingo session for our Mum was expensive and rushed, and hosted by a Mexican guy who was more interested in chatting up female guests than providing an enjoyable experience, and whose English was barely understandable. The whole ship felt tired, and with the downmarket demographic of the Italians who boarded in their masses in Rome, it felt very much as if the cruise had been sold off cheap at Port in Rome. It took a meeting with the Hotel Director himself, with just 3 days remaining, to achieve the kind of quality of experience we'd been used to with NCL, but it was too little too late, and of course it should never have come to that. Two positives I should mention - the great service in 'Cagney's' steak restaurant, (Speciality) and the team in 'Shogun' - who were a credit. Also the bar staff on the sun decks, worked tirelessly. This in isolation however, does not constitute a wonderful cruise. Unfortunately, this it's the end of my affair with Norwegian, my third - and final cruise with them.

Cost cutting evident, quality compromised throughout. Disappointing from NCL.

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by PETERD21

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

PETERD21’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
Basic balcony cabin, clean, comfortable, attentive room attendant.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins