3. Oasis of the Seas
From beginning to end this cruise was extraordinary. We are from the Port Canaveral area so embarkation was not a problem. From start to finish I believe it took maybe 30 minutes, longest time was waiting to go through security, being prepared is key. Disembarkation was the same, painless and took very little time, again the key is being prepared with all your paperwork. The ship was amazing, beautifully kept and did I say AMAZING! So much to see I know we didn't see it all. Our cabin was emaculate and our cabin attendant Maria was exemplary. Always on top of things and more than willing to please. Can't say enough about her, she was superb! We had reservation for My Time Dining, and after reading some reviews from previous cruiser had a little trepidation about the experience. All put to rest from the time we gave our cabin number to the time we sat and had something at the table. Total time, perhaps 10 minutes or less. Our server Iputu was the best and his smile, infectious. Always asking if things were good or if he could bring us something else. Never ceased to have plenty of food in front of us, which was delicious and more if we desired. Coffee cup and water glass always full and at the ready. Celebrated our son's 21st birthday and it was everything we hoped and more. The entertainment in the dining room had everyone on their feet. The main Chef absolutely stole the show! The entertainment was over the top and enjoyed the energy and enthusiasm of the crew. It didn't matter where we planted ourselves the service was pretty awesome. Wasn't too sure about Sorrento's but once I had a bite of their pizza and stromboli, well I was hooked, not to mention they also have a bar. Although no definite plans were made for St. Maarten, with the help of one of the vendors we ended up in van and on our way to Maho Beach beautiful beach and worth the trip) for just a couple of dollars and we got to tour the city at the same time. In Puerto Rico the same deal. Asking one of the Police Officers in my native language where the Fort was, he was more than happy to steer us in the direction of the Trolley, which was free and again an excellent tour of the city and an amazing, on our own tour of such a historical place.Highly recommended. I know we spent a couple of hours there and only left because we were in search of some Mofongo which we found at El Balcon del Moreno. Excellent authentic cuisine for a great price. Only drawback is that it's not a long enough stay there. The only place we had an excursion booked was in Labadee. We booked the Traditonal Labadee excursion and believe me, if you want history this is it. A boat ride away to one of their islands and you are deep in it! What an experience! They definitely put on a show for you. My son was enthralled, never pulling out his phone for pictures and thanked me afterwards for such a historical experience, did I mention he's 21! Not a bad price either, booked thru Royal and worth every penny. We took something away from every Port of Call and left us wanting for more especially in Puerto Rico. Great things happen when you least expect it. Although we don't have young children, I did have the opportunity to walk by the Children's Club. Something for every age. My daughter has 2 young boys and I couldn't help but think how much they would love this. The pool set up for the young cruisers is to be envied. Didn't see anything I wouldn't recommend for those traveling with young children. To say that we would definitely go back is an understatement! Already thinking of our next cruise since we have what my son calls PCD (Post Cruise Depression). My husband, son and I can't wait for our next experience with Royal Caribbean. Our first long cruise, previously done Enchantment for a short cruise, and our first balcony experience, never going back to Oceanview. We take away great memories of great experiences on a great ship, Oasis of the Seas!

Only the Best Cruise Ship ever!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Mamacita254

Mamacita254’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Cabin was spacious, room enough for 3 adults, clean and immaculate. Closet space was adequate with load of hangers and shelf space for the things we bring with us. It also had a safe which we utilized. Also drawer space was good, enough for my shorts and tshirts, and little side cabinets along the mirror (which lites up for makeup) for storage as well. Had a hair dryer which makes it nice so I didn't have to bring one. There is also a full length mirror. The beds were very comfortable, with what seemed like memory foam mattress. Our son slept on the pull out couch and we never heard him complain.
Bathroom has plenty of room and shower also had enough room and comfortable. Shower pressure was excellent! Always supplied with all the amenities
The Cruise Information chanel was awesome for keeping you informed of where we were, depth, temperature, sunrise and sunset times, etc.
The view breathtaking from our balcony (never traveling Oceanview again!) Loved waking up every morning to a view we only dream about, room service a phone call away. Having our continental breakfast every morning on our balcony with the sounds of the ocean around us. Please don't wake me up from this glorious dream!
Haven't downloaded my photos yet or else I'd post some of our spectacular view.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans

• Haiti Cultural tour
    For anyone interested in the history of Labadee, this is the tour to take! It was called Traditional Labadee booked through RC. They fairy you over to the island and the history begins. To how they make their own concrete to build with, to native traditions such as curing through nature, the leaves and herbs used to cure many ailments. We were treated to rituals, music,dancing and refreshments made from fresh sugar cane and lemon.
    they even show you how they squeeze the juice out of the sugar cane to make the drink. There they make there own sculptures made by hand out of mahogony. Beautiful place, with an amazing history and wonderful friendly people. Our son was enthralled by it all and thanked me for booking this excursion so full of history and culture, a memory he will never forget. We highly recommend this one and the price was great, we even saved money when it went on one of their sales. Not to be missed!
    View All 44 Haiti Cultural tour Reviews
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    I am from the Port Canaveral area so an excursion was not necessary.
    View All 2,197 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    Like in St. Maarten, we did book an excursion. I asked a Security Guard standing outside the ship in my native language how could we get to the Fort. He said just take a trolley from one of the stops it would take us to our destination. This one was all they asked for was a donation for the upkeep of the trolley. We got to travel around Old San Juan on the way up to the Fort. What beautiful history and breathtaking view from ontop of that Fort. Did not get to spend but a couple of hours there, not seeing the entire Fort but wanted to get back in town to treat ourselves to some Mofongo. Authentic cuisine which we found at El Balcon del Moreno, in case anyone is enterested in some delicious food and very well priced with awesome admosphere. My only regret is that we didn't have enough time at this Port.
    View All 3,926 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maartan Airport Tour
    Although an excursion was not booked, we happened to be at a shop talking about Maho Beach when the gentleman said all we needed to do was take a van and for a couple of dollars each they would take us there. So consequently we ended up touring the island enroute to Maho Beach. Best time ever and so unplanned.
    View All 98 St. Maartan Airport Tour Reviews