3. Silver Muse
We started out with a horrible pre-cruise experience. We booked directly with Silversea's "Cruise Specialist" and after submitting our passport information, including expiration dates, and having it accepted by Silversea, we received all documents and got to the airport, where they refused my husband boarding because his passport expired in two months. We had to spend 2 nights in Philadelphia waiting for the passport office to open before we could get on the plane and received no call backs or help whatsoever from Silversea, even though we followed their emergency directions. It is in the fine print that a passport should be valid for 6 months after return, but my husband had just returned from Asia, who has the same caveats, with no problem. So, we missed the first two nights of our vacation in Greece & got to spend them stressed out in Philadelphia with no baggage, as it had gone on to Athens, and no assistance form Silversea, instead. Not a great way to start a vacation. Upon arrival in Athens - Car & driver waiting with car that was too small, but still a good transfer to Piraeus. Boarded the ship - it's pretty, but bland - not very warm and I'm not a big fan of the art, as I am of the Silver Spirit's or the ships. Ugly carpet through. Cabins are beautiful, with one exception - there is no longer a vanity, so make-up, etc. has to be done in the bathroom, which is annoying. Staff were absolutely wonderful - We were diverted from Dikilii to Izmir, which was an awful port. Kusadasi is always nice, but Marmaris so so, Santorini has gotten so overcrowded it's sad, Patmos was wonderful, Kotor fabulous as always, Dubrovnik always great, Hvar was probably our favorite, Koper has a cute little old town, but we grabbed a taxi to Piran, a seaside resort, which was beautiful. Breakfast always good in LA Terrazza. Had it one morning in Atlantide & it took 2 hours, so we gave up & stuck with La Terrraza. Rarely had lunch on board, but the Grill was ok, not great. La Terrazza dinners were good; Silver Note really not great food - too much going on, although the entertainment was fabulous; Kaiseiki was fun and worth the uncharge; La Dame was a let-down after many great Le Champagne meals - undercooked lobster, but good service; Indochine was awful - dried out dim sum, chicken coconut soup that didn't take or look like any I'd every seen before, naan looked & tasted like burnt tortilla slices, just not good; Hot Rocks always good; Atlantide I enjoyed, but husbands fish was not good - excellent service though. Pizzeria ok. Wish they could get fresh fish on board, as the frozen is always disappointing. Missed not having afternoon teas and the Arts Cafe' was a cold souless room and not a great substitute. Our biggest complaint was no main dining room - is it a pain and very stressful to have to make reservations every night. We missed being able to go into the Main Dining Room at any time with any size group and have a broad selection of food choices, all served beautifully & that is probably the reason I won't steer towards the Silver Muse again. Dining was a pain and the food wasn't all that great. The pool area is fantastic - loved the new L-shaped sofas for those of us that don't want too much sun. Only had one massage from Adena, but it was probably one of the best I've ever had - she was wonderful!! Work-out facilities nice. Reception, main lobby and bar are huge and no one ever in them - I would suggest using 2/3s of this as a main dining room. We had a wonderful cruise once we finally got there, but don't think we will choose the Silver Muse or book directly with Silversea ever again.

Beautiful Cabins - Food needs to be Worked on

kaimbu’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Muse price drops

Superior Verandah Suite
Cabin SV 919
Beautifully laid out - just really miss the vanity and extra storage above the desk.
Deck 9 Suite Cabins