Insignia Cruise Review

Insignia Cruise Review by graf3fer

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

Overall the cruise was excellent and all that I had expected and hoped for.

I felt that the staff were excellent and accommodating.

The food was good most of the time, and I appreciate that the buffet is high quality and an excellent alternative to the main dining room. The food is not your typical buffet pre-made food, and there are lots of healthy choices.

The internet was terrible pretty much all of the time. Very slow (which is normal on satellite internet), but this was even worse than usual. You got kicked off all of the time, even if you made a connection. This happened in all areas of the ship, so it wasn't just a few places.

The shore excursions with the ship were sub par. Alot of the guides spoke poor English, and some didn't really seem interested in educating us on the country, etc. They seemed more like escorts than actual guides. Going to Masada from Haifa, there was LOTS of time for the guide to enlighten us on politics, geography, culture, etc. It never happened. Luckily I have been to Israel many times and I ended up being the guide for my friends on the bus.

There was really no good place to give your feedback to the ship on this either.

We took some tours on our own, and had excellent guides, so they were available if the ship really wanted them.

But, overall, I loved the cruise.

graf3fer's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A3 7104

Cabin staff was very good and helpful.

I am not into racing but my companion was and he loved it!

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Great tour, lots of local color and culture. Great guide.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

This was a good tour. We had a good guide and he took us shopping for Frankincense. It was fun.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Great excursion. Only the 2 of us, and we had a great guide. We had time to explore on our own and were not rushed as a large group is.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

2 day tour, which was jammed packed with many sites not offered by the cruise line. We paid a little extra but got to go on horse rides, to the Valley of the Queens and some off the beaten paths that were really nice. We had an egyptologist with us as our guide, what more can you ask?

Acre Walking Tour

Wonderful excursion to a beautiful fort. The guide was excellent and informative.

View All 12 Acre Walking Tour Reviews
Masada Walking Tour

The guide in Masada was terrible and not informative at all about where we were travelling through (west Bank) or anything about the country itself. On Masada he was ok. But I would have liked a lot more information.

View All 11 Masada Walking Tour Reviews