3. Diamond Princess
We chose this cruise because of its itinerary. We have been on the Diamond before and we found that not much has changed. The ship was in dry dock for 10 days in Singapore prior to our cruise, the most visible upgrades were new carpets. Several passengers complained that the Air Conditioning in their rooms did not work but we did not have this problem. Our cabin was a standard balcony which we've been in several times and is adequate for our needs. Everything worked well. The food was just average I thought the fish dishes were below par. Entertainment was pretty good, the production shows were well attended and the performers looked as if they had been together for a while. Service was pretty standard. In trying to think of someone who caught my attention, I couldn't think of anyone. My wife liked the room steward but I thought she was inattentive at times. We took a Princess excursion in all but one port. I was deeply disappointed in all of them. The Vietnam ports were all a good ways from the sightseeing and it was very hot. The excursions seemed to be tailored towards walking and shopping, not two of my favorite things. I liked Taipei the best, a nice ride around town ending up a the 101 story building. We were on our own in Osaka and went to the Palace, it rained heavily but we made the best of it. Mt. Fuji was the highlight of the trip, it cleared of clouds about noon and was an awesome sight all afternoon and during sail away. I was also surprised to be able to see it from our next port Yokohama. A stunning sight. I'm glad we did it once, but would not do this itinerary again. This being our sixth Princess cruise it was our fourth most favorite, hence the three star rating. Pretty average.

Pretty Standard Princess Cruise

oleanmike’s Full Rating Summary
Get Diamond Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB A 408
As noted above, this is a standard Princess balcony room. The biggest advantage is location on deck 12. Only one flight of stairs up to the buffet and a very short walk to the atrium elevators for other trips.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins