Viking Star Cruise Review
1,878 Reviews

A fantastic ship, great people, a great time

Viking Star Cruise Review by dodittydaddy

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

We selected this cruise because it went where we wanted to go; was at a time of year we could get away; and was in our price range. We chose Viking because of their reputation and the fact that we had a great river cruise with them a few years ago.

This ship, the Viking Star, is fantastic. Big enough, but not too big. I couldn't even tell I was on water. Very quiet and smooth. The amenities are top notch. Very pretty boat, very well laid out; very manageable and the staff is fantastic. The food in the restaurant was excellent with outstanding service. The ports of call were beautiful. The excursions were very good. I personally loved the fact that there was no casino and no kids on the boat. This is not a cruise line for young families. This is designed for retirees and empty-nesters getting away for a while. If there was a downside to this cruise at all I would say the nightly entertainment lacked a little, but not badly. I've just seen better entertainment on the bigger lines. That said, the Beatles review was really fun and well done. As well, the piano player, guitar player and string quartet that played quietly in the lounges throughout the evening were all fantastic and personable. I highly recommend this cruise.

dodittydaddy's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Deluxe Veranda 3054

We had a cabin above the night club lounge which you could hear until just before midnight so if you're an early to bed person make sure you are not booked in one of these two or three rooms. That said however, when we complained about it, Viking gave us a free drink package for the week which wiped out a several hundred dollar bill. They couldn't move us because the ship was full, but this was an agreeable solution for us.

The Plaka Walking Tour

Very entertaining. Got a good feel for the Plaka.

View All 60 The Plaka Walking Tour Reviews
Volcano Hiking

The guide made the tour. Very knowledgeable and fun. Took up too much of our limited time here though. I would have liked to spend more time off the volcano, but that's my fault

View All 31 Volcano Hiking Reviews
Panoramic Corfu

Good tour

View All 54 Panoramic Corfu Reviews
Montenegro Highlights

Skip this tour if the weather if not cooperative. Otherwise on a clear day it would have been great.

View All 102 Montenegro Highlights Reviews
Koper

Ljubljana is a cute town with a river ride as part of the excursion, but the hour long bus ride is too much and not all that scenic. I'd opt to stay in Koper and do something there.

dodittydaddy