Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review
2,145 Reviews

Seemed like a training cruise

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by marthanb

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony

I have sailed with NCL 2x before. I brought my two teens(18,19) to see Spain, France and Italy. First, the port we left from, Barcelona, was the easiest ,nicest port I have used.

But March 5th is very cool on the Mediterranean Sea. We needed rain coats and jeans to make it through most day trips.

The ship ,the Spirit , was a fine older ship. It did rock in the rough seas we had crossing to Corsica( a replacement stop as Marsialles was blowing a gale) and it was rough leaving Italy to Majorcca Spain. The support crew and wait staff were lovely and really made me comfortable. They have yet to know what "homemade chicken noodle soup" tastes likebut hey they were trying when I ordered it for room service and it came cold with spagetti noodles and uncooked celery and carrots.

I was disappointed with promo dining which was limited to 3 specialty meals( before we had all). The customer service desk at first denied we had any dining promo and only after a protracted argument where I had to produce proof of the promo( which I had in my bag) were they even going to give us those three. Given the lack of consideration from the ship's customer service desk, I strongly suggest you confirm your dining options as you check in and be sure your room key reflects those choices.. AND be sure to order water ahead of time, or you will pay over $5 per liter once on board.

Despite those unfortunate rude moments, we had a great time. Hot tubs, pools and entertainment were very enjoyable.

marthanb's Full Rating Summary

Family Balcony
Cabin B3 11668

Very tight but adequate since we were out of the room most days. No where for our suit cases( we used to be able to hide under the beds.)Bathroom was very nice and plenty large.

Prunelli Gorges

Winding steep roads in a large bus were a bit terrifying. Great guide made up for it with her British sense of humor and in depth knowledge of the mountains and its people.

View All 18 Prunelli Gorges Reviews
Florence (Livorno)

Must see for any person. The peple were lovely and the architecture and sculpture awesome. We used Viator to share transport bus to Florence for under $66 for three.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Hired a private car ( a bit too pricey from Viator) but no worries about timing back. Rome is so old and so full of treasures that every trip teaches you something new.

Mt. Vesuvius

Very expensive but we had an excellent guide. The stop at the jewelry store was interesting but the slopes of Mt Vesuvius are really really steep. The teens made it all the way up. I enjoyed the scenery. Pompeii guide was great.

View All 60 Mt. Vesuvius Reviews
Pompeii Walking Tour

Excellent guide.

View All 505 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews

Deep caves with interesting story. The family run center had a well kept garden and center. The caves were deep and small but easy stairs in and out.

View All undefined undefined Reviews