3. Seven Seas Mariner
Have gone on a Regent Cruise many times. This is the first time we neither enjoyed the ship or the destinations. Our South American cruise highlighted the Galapagos and Machu Picchu, however they were not a part of our sites. Machu Picchu was a post 18 day cruise destination which was not clear in the marketing. There was one excellent lecturer on board, but very few daytime activities that were stimulating. The itinerary, from Miami to Lima, Peru was frankly, boring. Little to see and very little for those with any mobility problems. But most important, many on the ship became ill, my husband a physician, got the flu along with others. While I appreciate that there was a doctor on board, the fee for the visit was $1450 which I thought was exhorbitant. The medication, prescribed for each of us was $350 each for a packet costing $110 each in the States and the visit including a blood test and nasal swab was $750. Since we couldn't exactly "jump ship"and look for a CVS, we were stuck. I wrote to the ship line and was told their price was commensurate with other cruise lines. Does that mean "price fixing"? So bring any and all medication you might possibly need on your next trip. Blue Cross/Medicare doesn't cover you and YES we both had flu shots before we boarded, but clearly it was going around the ship.

Expect the unexpected

DrFriedman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Mariner price drops

Deluxe Suite
Cabin D
Cabin was similar to cabins of that category.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins