3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Beautiful ship-Wonderful to have Roger/Jim McGuinn on board for some great sit downs!!!!(Founder of the Byrds) But the nightly entertainment leave a lot to be desired. Same people night after night but in a new costume!! Very boring!! The food was fine, lots of lamb, which I love!! Had late sitting (8:30) which I love. Portions were rather skimpy, so we just asked for more!! Not a problem. The price of drinks was just stupid. All were $10 or more with gratuity. When ordering a glass of wine you are asked if you want the"full measure:" which is $5 more than the puny lesser choice- Just a rip off. The so called full measure was less than what you would be served at dinner at any restaurant. The service out on the deck was ok, but the servers all looked very sad, never seemed to smile. I have never in my life been on a cruise that did not have a drink of the day. But no such thing on Cunard!! You are squeezed for every penny!!! But my reward was the lowest final bill charged to my account after I got home!!! I just did not drink much, because of the highway robbery price of drinks!!! My outside cabin was wonderful and spotless and spacious. I do not take the shore trips from the ship. I have been to all the islands many times before, so just took my time getting off and got a taxi to the beach. $4- in Tortola and St Martin St Thomas- Embarkation was a snap- I choose to self walk off the ship and was in a taxi to Grand Central Station at 7:30 am--Could not be smoother!! Ballrooom dancing each night in The Queens Room is a hoot to watch!!! And High Tea each day at 3:30 in the Queens Room was flawless. Tons of deck chairs at pool and prom deck Lunch buffet was great with lots of great choices and self serve ice cream machine. I would go again only if it was an offer I couldn't refuse!!! I brought on a bottle of wine in my checked suitcase and also one in my carry on bag-No questions asked!! And there was a corkscrew in the mini bar.

QM2 great ship-- very high priced drinks!!

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by retyredrep

• Sail Date: November 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Single Oceanview

I would go again only if it was an offer I couldn't refuse!!!

retyredrep’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Single Oceanview
Cabin KB 2012
wonderful big so called twin--was the biggest twin I have ever seen--really was a double---
tons of drawers and places to hang cloths- nice big bathroom but the shower leaked --
Big window!! was great!!! Could see everything!!
Deck 2 Outside Cabins