Marina Cruise Review by cherylandmikem
- Sail Date: September 2016
- Destination: Around the World
- Cabin Type: Concierge Level
Staff was extremely helpful, mostly friendly, but somewhat impersonal. This may be for a couple of reasons: 1) the Captain's leadership style, and/or 2) It appeared that many staff members were about to leave for vacation.
Many ratings were downgraded because of one or two issues we experienced:
1) Dining and Service - main dining room food and service was poor, with surly wait staff and food well below the quality of the other on-board restaurants. We preferred eating in the Terrace to the Grand Dining Room. This was the reason for the downgraded ratings.
2) Enrichment Activities - This is a somewhat small ship and activities are limited, probably based on previous customer desires and feedback. Not bad, just limited.
3) Shore Excursions - One shorex was most unfortunate: Gdansk, Poland. This was not so much the tour as the tour guide, who did as little as possible to make the experience enjoyable. He basically left us on our own to see the old town area, plus showed no interest in our questions and/or comments during the tour. His response to me when I asked him about my family's home village about 50 miles from Gdansk was an indifferent "You can Google it." Also, the ship's excursions were overpriced and undervalued compared to what we booked independently in several cities.
4) Value - Some port times were painfully limited. Longer times in Tallinn, Gdansk and especially Copenhagen would not have impacted next morning arrival times at next ports of call.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Windmills Driving TourGreat tour of north country, Zaanse windmills, Marken Village and countryside.View All 32 Windmills Driving Tour Reviews
BerlinExcellent City tour. Outstanding tour guide (Boris)!! We highly recommend TJ Travel company to everyone.View All 12,811 Berlin Cruise Port Reviews
Just not enough time to really see Berlin in depth.
View Cruise Critic's Berlin Cruise Port Review
City TourAlso visited Village of Dragor. Great excursion.View All 171 City Tour Reviews
Gdansk (Warsaw)Poor tour guide made this tour less than memorable.View All 12,811 Gdansk (Warsaw) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Gdansk (Warsaw) Cruise Port Review
City TourClassic City tour. Great tour guide!! We highly recommend this tour company.View All 173 City Tour Reviews
City TourNice ExcursionView All 33 City Tour Reviews
City TourExcellent and comprehensive City tour. Great evening walking tour (The Russian Experience). Outstanding tour guides (Dena and Yelena)!! We saw most palaces, museums, churches, synagogue and points of interest in three days.View All 341 City Tour Reviews
We highly recommend T J Travel to everyone.
StockholmFun times in Stockholm.View All 824 Stockholm Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Stockholm Cruise Port Review
Old Town of TallinnVery good tour. Great views from Toompea Hill.View All 166 Old Town of Tallinn Reviews