• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ventura Review

Editor Rating

Main reception staff unhelpful on Ventura

Review for Ventura to the Western Mediterranean
Patr46
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2016
Cabin: Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower

Embarkation at Southampton was awful. I am disabled & reliant on my female P.A & there was no guidance or assistance in unloading the car with our luggage. We were told to put our suit/dress holders in our suitcases yet we saw other people carrying theirs. Upon entering the terminal we were given a fast track card, what a joke! We were waiting more than 1 hour! We were quickly rushed on to the ship, shown our cabin & straight to the life jacket drill.

My cabin was B302 an accessible cabin which was very roomy & quiet despite being close to the staircases & lifts. Access to the balcony was excellent. The wet room floor was slippy, the toilet not raised & the grab rails were not in a good position.

The staff on main reception were useless, unhelpful & bad mannered! We asked 2 questions & both times were told to look at our newsletter. When we disembarked the bill was wrong. I had been mis-sold some treatments in the spa costing £112 which I returned the same day & was told by the spa reception that mŷ account would be credited within 2 hours which it hadn't. Be careful with the spa receptionists as they sold me a treatment which I did not ask for that was £30 more expensive without telling me the cost. They also added a 10% gratuity cost without telling me before the treatment. Also, my partner nearly ate a piece of plastic in her desert in The Sindhu Restaurant which they said they would deduct the cost of the wine of £19 from the cost of our meal due to the chef's mistake. Main reception were so unhelpful, it felt like 'we have got your money, now leave the ship'! I did not leave the ship until the bill had been altered & yet when I got home I checked my credit card statement they had debited the wrong amount including the £112! I had to phone P & O customer services & miraculously the £112 was credited to my credit card the next day!

Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower

Cabin JD

Plenty of room for me & my powerchair. Access to balcony very good. Wet room floor not anti-slip, grab rails not in correct position, standard height toilet seat, too low. TIP make sure you lock the safe before your 1st night as it bangs all night & annoyingly keeps you awake all night.

Port Reviews

Vigo

Samil beach was clean & tidy

Lisbon

To ALL disabled passengers I suggest you do not get off the ship! Due to the cobbled pavements, hills, lack of drop down curbs & traffic it is a nightmare.

Porto (Leixoes)

Lovely modern city with level promenade & all disabled amenities.

St. Peter Port (Guernsey)

This was a tender crossing so I could not visit.

7 Helpful Votes