We would not normally travel during the school holidays but due to circumstances it was now or wait until November which we did not want to do. However, any concerns we had about children running riot were soon dispelled as those we came across were very well behaved and we loved seeing them all dressed up in their little DJs and sparkly dresses on the formal nights. Didn't see one tantrum during the whole fortnight! Don't get me wrong, we are not anti children but don't particularly want screaming kids running around out of control when we are trying to relax. The greater age range this enabled was also good. On some cruises we have come out of the late show to find that everyone appears to have gone to bed. It was great to have a bit of a buzz later at night! Embarkation was excellent. From parking the car to being in our cabin took about 45 minutes. More or less walked straight on. We were blessed with beautiful weather and saw some truly amazing sunsets. Also lots of pods of dolphins. Reading a previous review, someone commented that the fruit juice at breakfast was made from powder. I can reassure readers that this is not the case as I saw the dispensers being topped up several times from juice cartons. We enjoyed the entertainment we saw. On a personal note, it really annoys me that some people will stay for 10 minutes, decide it is not for them and then disrupt everyone around them by walking out. The shows only last about 40 mins so even if it is not for you, please, have a little respect and wait until the end. It's not like you have to sit through something 3 hours long. If you're not sure you will like it, please stand at the back thereby not disturbing other peoples' enjoyment. So rude! Rant over. Didn't do any ships tours as we prefer to do our own thing, so cannot comment. Found the food to be very good. Always a good choice in the Waterfall buffet and in the Bay Tree where, incidentally, we were very well looked after by Ketan and Sudesh. I don't know how they manage to keep so cheerful with all the work they have to do. The Waterfall can get busy at lunchtime on sea days but we never had a problem finding a seat as the staff were very efficient at clearing tables and we got to talk to lots of different, lovely people. Someone mentioned that curry was on the menu every day. I have to say that I never noticed that this was the case and I'm not particularly a curry fan. All the staff were cheerful. The only point I would make is that they could do with more staff in Tamarind as on some nights it took some time to get a drink even though the waiters were working so hard. Overall, an excellent cruise and we would definitely do school holidays on the Ventura again. OK, there was some very minor wear and tear in places but with that many people passing through it is never going to stay pristine. There are always some people who will find fault but, hey, you're on holiday, if it does not cause a major impact to you, just enjoy!

Excellent cruise

Ventura Cruise Review by ChrissyUK

• Sail Date: August 2016
  • Destination: Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower

Didn't do any ships tours as we prefer to do our own thing, so cannot comment.

ChrissyUK’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower
Cabin JF R505
Adequate sized cabin. Comfortable bed and pillows. Bathroom a bit small but no smaller than a lot of cruise ships. Couple of marks on the carpet but no more that should be expected from a high usage room and much better than some hotels I have been in. Liked the mini dressing room arrangement. Efficiently cleaned by Emily.
  Ventura Deck Plans