• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

River Discovery II Review

Editor Rating

First river cruise was simply a disaster.

Review for River Discovery II to Europe River
JGsped
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Mar 2016
Cabin:

We went on the "Best of Burgundy, Beaujolais & Provence" cruise at the end of March. It was my 12th cruise, but first river cruise.

Pros: A few. Ship is attractive. Crew very personable and efficient. Itinerary was very appealing, much better than a Viking cruise that covered much of the same territory IMHO. Excellent food and wine, and the omelet lady, Irina, had everyone smiling every morning . . . or at least on those days when we were actually one the ship.

Cons: Where do I begin? Oh yes, right at the beginning. When we made our reservations, we were told to sign up for "My Portfolio." Which we tried to do, for 10 consecutive days, receiving an error message each time. Finally, I called Vantage, told the agent of my problem. He promisd to create accounts for us. Three days later, still no account. Called again. Another agent promised to create accounts, and, hooray, he did.

Cabin D

Very attractive but a bit tight. Biggest problem was that the electrical outlets with U. S. current did not work.

18 Helpful Votes