3. Majesty of the Seas
First, to say that I was hesitant to book on the Majesty based on age and size. After this cruise I would not hesitate to book again (Thanks Dad). Hotel: Red Roof Inn Plus - Miami Airport - Nice enough to stay pre or post cruise. Minutes from cruise port and airport. Free shuttle to and from Airport. Free shuttle to cruise port. Have stayed there a total of 3 times. No complaints. Hotel: Days Inn Intl Airport - Was lucky to find a room with all the northern flights cancelled. Will not return to this property or Days Inn. The hotel feels old, is old and in need of a makeover. They take credit card imprints at check in like it was 1986 (REALLY-its 2016). I could go on about how poor the experience was but this isn't a hotel review. Now the ship: Embarkation was so easy, Left the hotel at 10:30 and was on the ship at 11:05. Classic atrium with everything a few steps away in either direction. I was worried about shopping selection on board because it was a small ship. Was more than adequate. I had a mid-ship cabin, best choice especially on this ship because you don't have to walk a mile to any venue. Although there is that elevator that only services decks 4-7. There are a few quirks to getting around to the spectrum lounge but navigating the ship is better than similar sized carnival ships. Activities are the standard ones: Pool side contests, Karaoke, Love and Marriage, etc. The cruise director and her staff made the trip fun. (you just have to get out and enjoy) No poolside movies -but the ship goes into drydock in april. Art auction had nice pieces in all price ranges (still I think overpriced.) Service: It felt like all the staff on board wanted you to have a great time. Nothing over the top special that one would rave about but you feel comfortable interacting with them. Port: Missed Cococay and been to Nassau enough times. Cabin: Standard Oceanview. 118 Sq Ft they are small. Small tv, No sitting area, No refrigerator mini bar. A small request to cabin attendant kept my ice bucket filled (thanks). The next time I have to go with superior oceanview Deck 9 larger but obstructed views. This is the biggest problem with this ship and the only issue worth mentioning. I knew they were small before I booked it but thought it can't be so bad (wrong). Good condition but small. But you aren't going to be in the cabin much anyway (too small). Dining: Lots of choices for a small ship. Was extremely disappointed with Johnny Rockets on this trip (never said that before). But other venues made up for it. Entertainment: The main show was okay (cant remember the name of it now) but it could be better. The shows in general have not been as good as in years past. And there weren't many on this cruise, should have been more. Disembarkation: Still my least favorite part of the cruise. As great as embarkation was disembarkation was the opposite. And I do not have any realistic suggestions about how to improve it. Transportation pickup from the pier was confusing (first time I prearranged private pickup). Forget about the power outage in the terminal with no emergency lighting. Just 500 people in the dark getting out cell phones for light. When the lights came back on the TSA people were barking about the no cell phones in the terminal. (Hello, Hello, think McFly think. There was no power and no emergency lights. Don't tell me to put away my phone.) All things being equal, I can deal with the cell phone rule but not when 1+1 doesn't equal 2. Summary: Nice enough for a quick getaway and I will likely sail again especially if they can get a 5 day cruise in the rotation once in a while. I do have to mention that there were 2 employees that I was not happy with, but only 1 that actually did a sub par job.

Enjoyed the cruise; it's not perfect but nothing is anymore.

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Soloist

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

Port: Missed Cococay and been to Nassau enough times.

Soloist’s Full Rating Summary