3. Viking Emerald
We traveled on the final cruise of the year, we spent Christmas in Rouen as the Normandy Beaches excursion would have fallen on a Holiday. This is a very pleasant easy trip. Viking was on the ball, they rearranged the itinerary so that we would not miss a thing, a little fast paced to get a day ahead, but no inconvenience to passengers. This cruise spends a great deal of river time, so if you enjoy leisure time, this is your trip. The itinerary was not overcrowded, and the free time was generous. I really fell in love with France, it wasn't on my list to see, and was pleasantly surprised on its beauty and friendliness. After the free day in Paris and the tour through the Louvre, I came to love the city, it will definitely be on my list to return and spend more time. The cruise had all the highlights of the areas to see in Normandy, which is a really lovely portion of France. The Normandy landing tour was a Long day, it is just too far to break it down to 2 days, although I really think you could spend 2 whole days on the history alone in the area.Once again Viking was first class, this was our 5th cruise with them, and the new Long ships are really first rate. We upgraded to a suite and found it very much worth it with the extra down time this cruise afforded. If you are looking for a very good relaxing short trip through beautiful countryside and some generous history thrown in this is your cruise.

Paris to Paris; Heart of Normandy

Viking Emerald Cruise Review by Mbrown5806

Mbrown5806’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Emerald price drops

Cabin AA324
Upgrade to the suite was considerable, and worth it. You have a full sized shower, lots more room to move around, the extra sitting room, and with the private veranda it's a very pleasant bonus.
Beware the beds are European style, thus too hard for some, the pillows are never good anywhere but home, this was our 5th time to enjoy Viking and my last time to come without my own pillow.
Absolutely the cleanest ship I have traveled on yet.