3. Majesty of the Seas
We surprised our two boys with a Christmas cruise to the Bahamas and Key West. We drove to Miami from Tampa and arrived at the off site parking location around 1pm. After a short wait, we were on our way to the cruise terminal and checked in and on board by 2pm. Here is where I had my first (and really only) bit of frustration which was mostly our fault. We knocked around the ship for a few minutes and then tried to go to the Windjammer, Sorrentos, and Compass Deli for a bit of late lunch. However, since the muster was at 3:30 they all closed just before 3pm. We attended the muster on empty stomachs. Boo hoo for us. After a relatively quick and painless muster, we shoved off at 4pm and were on our way. We had great staff at all points. Our stateroom attendant, Jason, was excellent and saw to it that our room was always ship shape. Our waiter (Igede) and assistant waiter (Daniel) were also tremendous. Very accommodating and friendly. We have a son with food allergies and they made a note of it even bringing over the head waiter and one of the chefs to make sure all understood our needs. No complaints at all about the dinner food. We were however less than impressed with all breakfast offerings. I really don't like cruise buffets and the Windjammer did nothing to change that opinion. Too crowded, hard to find a seat and the food was only so so. Not bad but the experience was more negative than positive. Also in the main dining room, the offerings were a mix of menu ordering and self serve. Good thing I don't cruise for the breakfasts! We never ate lunch on the ship so no opinions there. The onboard experience was also wonderful. All staff were helpful and cheerful. Events were well run and fun. This is one area where I really think that RCI excels. We went on a Princess cruise this summer and while it was fun and Alaska was great, the onboard experience was a bit underwhelming. Really enjoyed the Love and Marriage Show, the Quest, the Battle of the Sexes, the International Ceremony of Flags by the Crew, pool events, and the formal night. Overall, I wouldn't change much with RCI's onboard efforts. The only thing I might adjust is the dinner and show schedule. Early dinner was at 6pm and Majesty only offered one evening show at 7:30 pm which occurred just before the late dinner at 9pm. On two nights, we were not out of dinner early enough to make the show. Two shows per night would be much more convenient. But still it wasn't a deal killer. My wife and I honeymooned on the Majesty in 1996 and the ship still looks just as good as it did then. One thing that amazed me was that we were told that there were over 2500 guests on the ship. For a ship that small (relatively speaking) it never felt crowded. In fact, the size was a huge advantage over our Summer cruise on the Ruby Princess. A much larger ship and at times we felt like we were walking for 10-15 minutes just to get to dinner or a show. Not on the Majesty. Everything was only 5 minutes or less away. Convenience. Now I know why they are keeping her. The cabins were very small but we knew that going in - only about 120 sqft. So we did have two adjoining rooms which helped a bunch. I don't know how we would have fit four people in one of the rooms! All in all, a great ship and a great trip. The staff and cruise line are to be commended.

Great Christmas Cruise

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by vestamark

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas

vestamark’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Adequate would be great description but not meant as a knock either. We had an obstructed view but it was never a problem. The cruise was so port intensive we literally only slept and changed in the room. Jason, the steward was tremendous. Room was very close to the elevator and stairs and everything was close by. No noise or other problems were experienced.
  Majesty of the Seas Deck Plans

• Conch Train Tour
    Great tour. Saw the highlights and enjoyed the narration. Got us where we needed to go and was very reasonably priced. Even went to the aquarium and the shipwreck museum. Neither of these were tremendous but still good to see and were included in the package. Would recommend!
    View All 221 Conch Train Tour Reviews
  • Miami
    We did go to South Beach for an hour or two after disembarking and enjoyed ourselves before heading to the airport.
    View All 2,419 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Atlantis Resort
    Atlantis Aquaventure was fantastic. As good as we expected it to be. However, it was a bit more crowded than I expected it still was rarely a problem other than the ability to get a tube for the rides. The rapids is a blast and relaxing at varying times. The slides are awesome and the staff is mostly very friendly and helpful. Food was expensive as expected.
    View All 677 Atlantis Resort Reviews