Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by DemCrewz

• Sail Date: Oct 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom

It seemed that the crew was very unhappy. When asking for directions, we were misdirected several times, or simply told "I don't know." The food was absolutely disappointing. Three restaurants crammed into one, and the menu lacked variety. We actually felt forced to try a specialty restaurant, which we did. It was adequate. Bartender at Boleros was rude when my friend asked for a drink. He simply said "no," to her drink request and added, "come back tomorrow." The shows were amazing. The cleaning crew was also amazing.

I'm not sure what happened, but I actually had a far better experience on the Majesty of the Seas. It is mystifying to me, how the crown jewel of RC ships actually paled in comparison to its smallest ship in almost every way. A combination of poor planning, absolutely sub-par service and an generally disappointing dining experience, has made me fairly certain that I may never again set foot on the Oasis of the Seas, let alone recommend it to anyone I know.

Overall, I have to say I don't think I will be sailing again with RC for a long time based on this experience. I'm not sure what happened structurally for this sailing, but it was a complete failure as far as attracting new members. If the experience was this bad on it's best ship, I have to say that I would be afraid to spend hard earned money and precious vacation time on any other RC ships. The Grande restuarant, Silk (Asian) and American Icon Grill were condensed into one "general" restaurant with the same menu. Food came out cold and was sub-par at best. The staff was clueless and rude. It was a big mess. The ship and the performances were beautiful, but man...why should less nights mean less quality? I really don't get what they were trying to do, but if it was to turn off people who can't afford the price and time of a full 7 day sailing, then mission accomplished! Thankfully, we were still able to have a blast despite these shortcomings, but they really shook my faith in their company.

I am usually not this critical, but my hope is that my opinion is heard and these issues can be resolved so that I may one day sail on the Majesty again. As far as the Oasis of the Seas is concerned, it has very serious issues to address.

DemCrewz's Full Rating Summary

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 9441

Cabin was beautiful and Cleaning staff was excellent! Enormous bed, couch and TV.

DemCrewz