3. Viking Star
Almost perfect. Amazing crew, beautiful ship, beautiful stops, delicious (and abundant) food, surprisingly good entertainment, all very well run. A few complaints: Major complaint: The included excusrsions were mostly disappointing. We visited incredible places, but often only got to experience them through the window of a bus. And, for all the excursions, exactly which tour guide you were with made a huge difference. Several were wonderful, but some were just phoning it in. Major complaint: Toulon, France. Aside from the tour guide (she seemed relieved when people left her tour early to explore on her own or just head back to the ship), Toulon was, by far, the least attractive stop on the cruise. We were there on a Sunday, and everything other than restaurants was closed. It's also a military port, and there wasn't much to see (aside from strip clubs and tattoo parlors). And it was raining, which is no one's fault, but it made the city's deficiencies even more glaring. (Most interesting spot in Toulon: a tattoo parlor called Ink Your Meat.) Minor complaint: I left some clothing in our cabin. When I called, I was told someone would get back to me within 24 hours with information (whether it was found, and what it would cost to get it back). It's now been two weeks, and I haven't heard from anyone. I assume the clothing is lost, although I will follow up. That's well below Viking's standards. Also below Viking's standards: I was told it would cost approximately 40 euro to have the clothing sent back to me. I realize this was my fault, but I would have thought, as a courtesy, Viking would handle this as courtesy. I'm more than happy to pay the return, but I'm surprised that I would have to.

Can't wait for our next cruise.

Viking Star Cruise Review by parallelidentity

A few complaints:

parallelidentity’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

An awful lot of luxury is squeezed into a small and efficient space. Other than a couple of inconveniently located electrical outlets (on either side of the bed), there's nothing I would change. Being able to step outside was a pleasure in almost every port. In a few instances, we had an industrial view when we docked, but even those view were interesting, if not beautiful. And the Wi-Fi was surprisingly good. (It became unreliable when we were at sea, but that's not surprising.)