3. Britannia
The potential to be a brilliant ship. However, it did have a split deck (deck 6) and lacked a good size promenade deck to stroll around. One pool was out of order for the duration of the cruise and a whirlpool tub was out of order for a few days. Embarkation was chaotic because the connecting bridge to the ship wasn't sitting properly although check in staff were very polite and efficient. The food was very good to excellent. I am a Coeliac so have special dietary needs. The head waiter in the Peninsular restaurant was brilliant in sorting out a suitable (and scrumptious) menu for me. Well done. The entertainment was great. We seen Madeleine Bell (singer), Jimmy James (singer), Josh Daniels (Comedian - if you like laughing) and Pulse (8 piece band - 4 musicians and 4 singers, 2 male and 2 female). All were very good and enjoyable. One area of concern I had was that the entertainment venues are 'small ship' so not able to cope with the amount of passengers wishing to use the facilities. Groups gathered in the doorways and at the top of the aisles also occasionally at the top and bottom of the stairs in the atrium. Staff need to politely disperse these gaggles for the sake of health and safety enabling safe transit of the areas. There were three formal evenings and on the third one the ships bulletin said that there would be a 'Complimentary Photo' that night. This IS NOT the case. When I asked at the photographic desk about it, I was told quite haughtily by a female staff member that 'Complimentary' means that they take the photo for FREE but CHARGE for the photo. Eh! I felt the whole photo experience is a scam backed by staff ready to talk down to customers. IF we go on a cruise again we WILL NOT be using the photo shop for anything. This spoilt the cruise for us. Not sure if we will ever use P&O again. This was our first ever cruise. Our cabin steward Jose made the cruise with his politeness, efficiency and helpfulness. Thanks Jose.

Not Quite There, But Has the Potential To Get It Right

Britannia Cruise Review by Job Fox

Job Fox’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin C706
A very nice and comfy cabin kept very clean and tidy by Jose the cabin steward who maintained it to the highest of standards. Thank you Jose