3. Britannia
Our cases were whisked off by the porters as soon as we arrived, not to be seen again until we got to our cabin which was a good start. Embarkation was delyed due to technical issues but once underway proceeded smoothly. The ship is beautiful; with elegant and classy decor. Our cabin was perfectly adequate, though the bathroom small - however it was functional and again spotless. Indeed, the whole ship was spotless and we never encountered any cleanliness issues with public toilets or elsewhere. The food was superb and the service faultless - each course was delivered promptly and cooked to perfection. I thought the menu choice was great and you could ask for extra portions if required. We were Freedom Dining and this worked well for us, it meant we could plan our evening entertainment to take in all the shows we wanted to. Horizon buffet had a great choice of food and although crowded at peak times, we never failed to find a seat. Most of the waiting staff was friendly, others not so much, but all were polite. Our cabin steward was lovely, he brought me an ice bucket each day as I had an ankle injury that would swell up by the end of the day, which helped a lot. Room service was prompt and we used this on several occasions; mostly when we had breakfast brought to our cabin on the days we were going on excursions as it saved time. Alcoholic prices were very reasonable and the cocktails highly recommended - especially the raspberry crème brulee, yum (hic)!!! Entertainment in the Headliners Theatre we thought was generally of a very high standard, although some shows were better than others. The Live Lounge was excellent, the Madness tribute band being a particular highlight. The resident band Pulse were fantastic and never failed to impress. We never had a problem getting a seat for shows, as we just turned up half hour early which would seem a common sense thing to do. We found plenty to occupy us during the day although the pool area did get very busy, especially as not all the pools were open due to maintenenance which was not so good. I would also liked there to have been a covered pool - this would be a significant plus point. Those dreaded lifts; yes, we did have to wait a few minutes at busy times (other times hardly at all), but we didn't really find this to be a problem, maybe a little patience is required? We also bumped into a few 'celebrities' in the lifts, so maybe my recollections are a little more positive! The Limelight Club was thoroughly entertaining, the food excellent and Dean Andrews was delightful. The Oasis Spa I thought was too expensive and they could have drummed up more business with cheaper prices in my opinion. We met some lovely friendly people, however there were also a good few 'serial whingers' who would find fault in any little thing. I would say do your research, if you don't like big ships for example, then how about you don't book a cruise on a huge ship?? People were grumbling about the time it took to disembark, but we actually were off the ship ahead of the estimated time we'd been given. Again, a little patience wouldn't have gone amiss. Like others, we had read some negative reviews and had considered booking a different cruise line. I am very glad we didn't. If you go with an open mind and just plan to enjoy yourself with eating, drinking and making merry, then you will have a great time. If you're determined to moan about any little thing - you won't. I have cruised before, so I do have some comparison to make, and I would certainly cruise on Britannia again.

Brilliant Cruise; Superb Food and Great Entertainment

Britannia Cruise Review by Mrsgalos

Mrsgalos’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin F111
Cabin was a decent size, clean and comfortable. Balcony was small, but we were able to recline both chairs and sunbathe or read. Bathroom was small but functional and the shower water was always nice and hot. There was a good size dressing/clothes hanging area and our cabin steward brought me extra coat hangers, as I did rather overfill my suitcases. Nice large screen TV, though access to your on screen statement would be an improvement.