3. Viking Spirit (Retired)
This was our first river boat cruise. I accompanied a wonderful gentleman to go back to Paris and the beaches of Normandy when he was in the service back in the mid to late 40's. Everything was nice, food was very good, and we enjoyed visiting the towns along the way. I loved the rich history of all the places we visited. All the staff performed over and above my expectations of service. My only disappointment was that the two things my friend and I wanted to really do, was not available to us. One was to go up in the Eiffel Tower--we had no idea we would have to make a reservation ahead of time (as others on our ship did), and when we walked there from the ship, the lines for the tickets were over 2-1/2 hours which would not allow us to go up in the tower and be back to the ship on time. Very disappointing. My other disappointment was that we could not get seating for the Moulin Rouge show. When I asked, the only available was an 11 pm show the night before we were to leave the ship to go home. We had the get up at 5 am so how could be have attended an 11 pm show and get back, pack, and be up and ready to leave. We didn't know that we could have booked this evening way ahead of time (as others on the ship did). Some of our other friends who did other river boat cruise lines had these two excursions covered on their cruise. With this being the 125th anniversary of the Moulin Rouge, how disappointing it was that we did not get to go and see this celebrated show. We did, however, enjoy all the other towns and excursions we visited and were on. All the staff were very good and accommodated our needs in a professional manner.

Paris; Beaches of Normandy

CloudinParis1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Spirit (Retired) price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Window
Cabin B 225
Cabin was ok and met our needs.
Main Deck Outside Cabins