3. Seven Seas Mariner
My wife and I travelled with friends on the seven seas mariner cruise that our valued travel agent recommended and advised us on . We were told that this ship is a true "six star" ship recently renovated and up to the best of them at the moment. We were very pleased with all the facilities and our stateroom was definitely comfortable and well appointed . We have no complaints about presentation of the ship or the amenities and common areas. However , when it comes to service and value for money its a totally different matter. Service and help at the pool was simply non existent- we had to help ourselves each and every day or complain and wait for someone to help get chair and or a drink . Breakfast was just a horrible experience - no one knew about how to cook fried eggs Anything that was ordered hot came at least 30 mins late and by that time we were all ready to leave. Breakfast area was nothing short of a chaotic experience more like a cheap cafeteria in a department store or a zoo. Even at night one waiter served ice cream to our table that he tasted before he served from the very same bowl. I gave my expensive newly bought linen pants to be dry cleaned and they came back shinny and ruined . I made a claim which was endorse by the ship's staff and brought it back to my agent to process . After several weeks an response came back to say that they take no responsibility and I should have claimed from my travel insurance - well that is really disgusting. We were advised that two of our planned destinations were to be cancelled the night before we were to arrive - so instead of taking us to St Tropez they took us to Toulon which was to be the next destination anyway . The buses to take all who booked to Aix en Provence were waiting for us but no buses were arranged to take us to St Tropez which was less distance than Aix en Provence. We were told that if we have arrangements in St Tropez we could take a taxi. Taxis would be approx. Euro 25O each way. Not only did they not help us to get there but instead of staying an extra night in Toulon, we were taken back to Barcelona one day earlier to abruptly end the trip prematurely. So two ports were cancelled during this trip both were highlights and no apologies were given despite the fact that weather conditions were not as they had reported, but quite manageable if they tried, The captain never made any appearances to explain and on our return our agent made a full report and claim for at lease one night refund but to no avail . They simply refused to accept that there was any reason for claim. We and others on the cruise are convinced they made a commercial decision to return to Barcelona early and cut their costs.

Regent Seven Seas Rip Off July 2015

Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by rovon

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Suite

They simply refused to accept that there was any reason for claim.

rovon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Mariner price drops

Deluxe Suite
Cabin F 734
cabin was well appointed and comfortable
Dressing room was excellent and bed comfortable
Deck 9 Suite Cabins