3. Celebrity Solstice
It has been several months that I have given Celebrity the opportunity to follow up and make good on the concerns and disappointments my sister and I experienced on our most recent cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver in April 2015 so I am now going to post this review as I have not received the promised call back I was given in May. I am not one who likes to or complains often but felt it was important to ensure the management of the Celebrity Solstice understood and could deal with the problems my sister and experienced. We booked the cruise after my sister had a marvelous experience on a recent Celebrity cruise she was on in the Caribbean. She raved about the service, food and beverage and how courteous and professional the staff were on that cruise. Unfortunately, she could not say the same for the April 2015 cruise on the Solstice. We booked the CONCIERGE PACKAGE and UPGRADED OUR BEVERAGE PACKAGE TO PREMIUM so we could enjoy some of the best services on board without having years of experience with Celebrity cruises. When we checked in we also purchased a $99 package for exclusive dining in 3 of the speciality restaurants. We were supposed to be one of the 1st to receive our luggage but waited over 3 hours for our luggage to get to our room. There was no champagne waiting for us in our room but there was some warm scallops appetizer sitting on the table. Many excuses were made by our cabin steward but we did not blame him for the problem….just waited patiently in our room to get our bags so we could dress for dinner. Dinner in the Tuscany was just ok. That was the 1st day. On the 2nd day we hung around the pool. That was nice except the bar was super busy and staffed poorly. One of the bartenders was very rude and lazy and also charged my account for drinks even though my card clearly showed I was a PREMIUM BEVERAGE guest. It was after this experience that we went to customer service and expressed our concerns, receiving more excuses and the promise that our concerns would be shared with the appropriate channels. Well, we did hear from the Food and Beverage manager (sat down at our dinner 2 nights later and listened) after we experienced more bad service and food as well as additional charges on our account! We used our onboard credit to have spa access and even that was a disappointment because it wasn't always working properly. We were listened to but nothing changed and nothing provided to compensate. Upon returning home, I called Celebrity customer service to follow up, give a detailed account of our experience and say I would not be able to recommend them. The gentleman I spoke to said there had been other complaints about the Solstice and that he would get back to me before the end of the week. I never heard back from him or anyone else at Celebrity customer service :( We talked to several passengers on board who have cruised with Celebrity for 10 years or more and were also disappointed with this cruise….it was unusual they said. I'm glad to hear that but I feel Celebrity should have done something for us to regain our confidence in their service. I won't be booking with Celebrity in the future because they did not deliver the service we paid for nor made up for it in any way. Positives were: we met some great people, our cabin was very comfortable, the pool area was fun and clean and lots of towels, the buffet had lots of good food choices, gym was in good shape Negatives were: Overall concierge service was not received…luggage and champagne was late, appetizers in room were poor, bar service at the pool was inconsistent (tried to use bar alcohol instead of premium and charged account for premium), speciality restaurant food was disappointing and not worth the extra cost (food was too rich and service was pushy), SPA was not working properly at times, customer service was just lip service

Unacceptable customer service