3. Statendam
The crew was mostly exceptional other than I ordered two omelets (one for wife and one for myself) and cook prepared mine and then went to another passenger seemingly forgetting the wife's omelet. By the time i had hers prepared (he forgot it a second time) mine was cold so I guess it went to the fish-I went back for scrambled eggs. They seem to be in a hurry being the LIDO food line in that they quickly put your order on your plate and it sometimes hangs over the edge of the plate. The Room Steward was slow but did keep the room clean with his buddy assisting him. Food: Both in the Main Dining Room and LIDO was basically lousy and one passenger said it was horrible! Braised Ox Tail? Who in the world has that during the week? Sometime during Formal Nights one could see people coming to the LIDO to eat rather than the Rotterdam (MDR), that reflects that the food in the MDR was not suitable. The waiters int he MDR were working their tails off literally running to the kitchen to obtain the food. The guy the was doing the running returned with perspiration flowing-he could wipe it off with a towel. But back to the food-it appeared as if they were using leftovers in the LIDO, greasy and in the vernacular it looked like something a farmer would feed his hogs. The condiments at the Hamburger place by the pool were usually at the bottom or near empty as if a strong wind hit the area. Dried out, lack of eye appeal so needless to say we didn't eat there. One particular day we went into Anchorage and returned hoping to obtain some food since we were hungry and the food in the LIDO was dried up and didn't look appealing so we did without as we did on a few other meals opting for desert which looked far better than it tasted. In Summarization, I wasted over $3500 on a vacation and the only redeeming value and the reason for this cruise was Sitka and Kodiak but the stay in Kodiak was only a few hours. I think IF we ever cruise again we'll stay with Celebrity. It's one of the last few good cruise lines. The amount of money spent on this cruise would have gone further if we had flown to Europe and enjoyed the culture there.

Should Have Listened to Others