My wife and I decided to book at the last minute for a Fjords Cruise on Ventura. We had done a similar thing last year around the baltic on Azura and had a great time so what good go wrong? The check in process was ok even after the hour wait to unload luggage and get the car parked. The cabin we had been allocated was right at the front on deck 11 but was in good condition and clean. The cabin steward was very helpful, friendly and always had a smile. we had no problem for the first couple of days although it was very clear that the waiting staff had a couldn't care less attitude. Particularly in the buffet area where tables were left uncleared for lengthy periods, not good when space is limited. bar staff seemed to be under some sort of pressure to make you buy drinks, being asked if I want a drink 10 times in the space of a few minutes stretches my bounds of continuing to be polite,so it was get up and move on. We did not use the main dining room as we had had problems with food quality on other P&O cruises so decided to eat in the Waterside buffet in the evenings. The food choices were ok but high risk foods like meats were not hot.particularly concerning as they were only luke warm no more than 10 minutes after service started. When I raised the matter with the staff I was told it was because I had put it on a cold plate, this was not the case. Positives from the cruise. The Medical team who looked after my wife when she was exceedingly ill with either food poisoning or Norovirus and had to be taken to the medical centre followed by cabin confinement were excellent as were they poor devils who had to sanitise the cabin and bathroom. The shows we managed to see were really good too so no problem there and as already stated the cabin steward shone out, We will have to give great consideration as to whether we sail with P & O again.

Not the best