Firstly this was a relaxing and enjoyable holiday, we enjoyed the itinerary (which was our reason for booking this particular cruise) and the ship was fine however we weren't blown away by P&O. The ship is big but not bold, it's a little beige and lacks character; which is a shame. We mainly ate at the Bay Tree restaurant for dinner and in general the food was good, occasionally hit and miss but good all the same, the portions were a bit mean which meant I ended up going through every course e.g starter, soup, main, dessert and cheese & biscuits!! The waiting staff were fantastic, I can't think of any UK venue where the staff are so attentive, professional and friendly. The Waterside buffet on deck 15 was okay, a bit samey every day, A royal pain to get a table at breakfast if you turned up at the wrong time and people are generally slow to move and like to occupy their space. One big disappointing feature was the attrium, absolutely featureless and not what I expected, all the bars followed suit and were very 'safe', God only knows why they felt the need to have a British pub-themed bar ... awful! All areas were immaculately clean and again the staff work tirelessly to keep the standards high. We've cruised twice before with other cruise companies so I feel well placed to draw comparisons.. Due to P&O's reputation in the industry and the size of the Ventura we expected to be blown away.. Unfortunately we weren't. The daytime entertainment was bland and I think the ships designers need to inject a bit of character into the next refurb. Get some proper themed and defined areas on the boat so guests feel as though they are having unique experiences in each area of the decks... Be a bit braver P&O, if you want to compete in this ever more popular and accessible market then follow NCL's lead.

Not blown away

daviesg3’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Junior Mini Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin CB D526
We were mid ship, deck 9. Great views from balcony... No teak balcony furniture as advertised though... Not a big deal but don't quote it if it's not there! Good sized bathroom, big, comfortable bed. Large seating area and wardrobe. As we had booked a superior deluxe balcony cabin we had a bottle of champagne and chocolates waiting for us however our fruit bowl turned up 4 days into our cruise, not sure where the flowers were and no pamper pack!, ok no life or death stuff but if you've paid extra for that particular cabin then it should be as advertised
  Ventura Deck Plans