3. Grand Celebration
The ship/cruise is exactly what I expected and we had a blast! If you go with expectations of a luxury liner and a great location (it's a bit of a tourist trap) then you are likely to be disappointed. But if you go willing to make your own fun and meet some people it's a great time. We stayed in one of the suites which I would say is definitely worth the money as it was great to have a place we could actually comfortably chill in and sit on the balcony during departure/sunset away from the crowds. When disembarking we could see the other rooms which did seem very small, but they still looked like they would be ok if you were never in the room and just used them to (drunkenly) crash out and sleep. Definitely geared towards couple's/group's with some sociable outdoor bars and a casino and bar with a decent atmosphere. It's definitely a party cruise, I wouldn't recommend it for those taking kids. The food was fine, not amazing but perfect for a short trip. The drinks are cheap enough (and strong!) but we did the drink tickets at first and found it's actually not worth it unless you are drinking long islands etc, I was drinking cider which is $6 a drink and had paid for the vouchers which work out $6.50 a drink, so actually came off worse. Luckily my girlfriend made up for it by drinking through the $9 cocktail menu! :) Servers were great throughout the ship and really looked after us wherever we were. Getting on is fine (we got on at 1pm to take full advantage) but the disembarkation is a bit of a pain. When we got to Freeport we laid in which helped there as most people were already off and that still gave us plenty of time to look around as you don't need to be back on until 6pm. The exit to get off at west palm is a nightmare, queues through the boat and through customs - I would recommend all US people take a passport as you get your own line, it wasn't fun in the other line with my UK passport/US people who didn't bring their passports. But it's just one of those things you get on with. Freeport itself is what I expected, cheesy and touristy (where they take you anyway). I live in the Cayman Islands so was expecting that from our own cruise area, but again there's enough to keep you entertained with local food which was actually really good, bars/casino and the beach all in close proximity - but it definitely isn't the real Bahamas. Overall we had a great time and met some great people of all kinds of backgrounds/ages - being a thirty something I hope i'm as fun as some of the 50/60 plusses I met when I am their age! I would definitely do it again and recommend it for a cheap 2 days of random fun!

A Blast if You Go in the Right Frame of Mind!

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by CaymanLee

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas

CaymanLee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Celebration price drops

Cabin V6
Surprised at how nice and big the cabin was for a cruise and the balcony is a big plus to get away from the crowd during take off/sunset - definitely worth spending a bit more in my opinion