3. Splendour of the Seas
This was the 2nd half of our honeymoon (we are 29 & 27). I have only been on one cruise before (Grand Princess in 1999 to the Caribbean and LOVED it). My husband has never been on a cruise before so he wasn't sure what to expect. Royal Caribbean wasn't my 1st choice, but we were mostly interested in the ports of call and since this was a fairly expensive trip, $5,200 for a week with a balcony room, we figured it couldn't be that bad. We did research and read the reviews; we took the negative reviews with a grain of salt. I'm not really going to get into detail about the ports of call, b/c they were amazing. We loved all of the tours we booked and every port was awesome. I wanted to share my thoughts on the ship and the service, food etc....If I had known these things I would have NEVER booked this trip. We aren't wealthy, snotty people and I don't expect a floating Ritz Carlton, but for what we paid I was expecting good service and decent food. Also, the food and service was amazing on Princess so that was what I was expecting on RC. I literally ate salad every day for lunch b/c the other food in the windjammer was worse than the food they served in my high school cafeteria. We would have preferred to eat in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch every day but it was rarely open. We had to wait in line one morning for 10 minutes to have breakfast when they place was empty. Overall, the customer service was terrible, the food was disgusting, the facilities were old and tacky, the dry cleaners shrunk our clothes, and the food in the windjammer is what I think food would be like in prison. The bathroom showers were terrible, the mini-bar was never refreshed, which boggled my mind since they would make more money if it was refilled every day, the A/C in the room was terrible, room service was AWFUL The hamburgers and hotdogs that were onboard sat in water and I wouldn't even feed them to my dog. Is it really that difficult to have freshly grilled hamburgers and hotdogs? The mini-golf was a JOKE. In our room we could hear people running and thumping all over the place, the boat was poorly constructed. There was no information in our room explaining how we could reach our stateroom attendant, and the card she left just had the main housekeeping number. We were not provided with any sort of welcome book with information about the ship, ship services etc...all we had was a blurry, photocopy of the ship that we couldn't even read. There was no room service menu, it took an hour to get a menu and when you ordered room service they seemed pissed and annoyed, also when they delivered it, they still looked pissed and annoyed. I would compare this cruise to a floating Holiday Inn. I would not recommend this cruise to anybody on earth, maybe college students, but not families or couples looking for service, food, nice accommodations etc.... I can't believe we paid over $5,000 for this cruise. I know what you all are thinking, "she is just a miserable person and is high maintenance" but seriously, I'm not at all. I am telling you how it is; I really am a low-key, down-to-earth person who would like to get what I pay for on a vacation. If we had paid $1500, I wouldn't be complaining, but we paid a lot and the ship was awful. I would highly recommend the Princess line and some other people we met also said Celebrity is good, but they are affiliated with RC, but I think higher end. Many people that we met on the cruise felt the same way as my husband and I. I kept in touch with one couple who actually contacted the Corporate Headquarters b/c they were so disappointed. Spend your money elsewhere.

DO NOT GO ON SPENDOUR OF THE SEAS!

Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by hicksonla

hicksonla’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas price drops

TINY shower, ugly balcony, heard thumping and doors slamming at all hours of the night, AC was terrible
  Splendour of the Seas Deck Plans