3. Norwegian Dawn
This was my 2nd time on Dawn & I wasn't that keen on it the 1st time but being with the Cruzin Cuzins & seeing all the places we did made me like it a lot. Maybe it grows on you. The group really made the cruise for me as a lot of them had cruised together before so they arranged a lot to do on the ship as well as got group hotel bookings for the pre & post cruise hotels, It was nice to be part of a group as I was cruising solo again! I arrived in Boston the night before the cruise & stayed at the Embassy Suites which was a great hotel with included breakfast & also snacks & a drink in the evening, both plentiful & yummy. It was a rainy cool day in Boston but I still accomplished my goal of eating at Wahlburgers by taking the commuter ferry over to Hingham. It would have been a lovely trip had I been able to see the sights! The hotel had a free shuttle that took you to the airport where you could access transportation to the downtown area. Went by the prearranged shuttle ($10) around 10:15 & was on the ship quite quickly since I had gold status. I went for lunch to Blue Lagoon & had 2 bowls of the tomato soup I had enjoyed last time as well as the strawberry pound cake. Went to sign up for internet, saw my cabin 4616 a porthole cabin by the medical centre so very quiet, then went on the ship's tour with Alvin. I had never seen so many people on a tour, there must have been 100 of us!! I went to pretty much all the shows which I enjoyed, only played Bingo once as it was expensive, used my last slot play coupon in the casino & did crafts with Shirley or Alvin quite often. The Cuzins got together on sea days to play LCR which was a lot of fun. We also had a cabin crawl/poker run with branded items given at most stops, did a slot pull, had a large M&M with gift exchange & a horse race which was exciting & profitable to some. We had a group photo taken by the stairs to remember the cruise I found the cruise staff to be great. The CD was good, the other activity people like Alvin & Shirley helpful & fun, my cabin steward Gusti very good & the internet guy, Murray was a gem. He helped me so much with my new smart phone & I phone when I had problems & was very patient & pleasant. Patti & Jose were great as before & managed to fill the theatre on the 2 occasions they performed there.The hypnotist was good too & did several shows.. I had not liked the theatre on Dawn last time but maybe it was because I was recovering from knee surgery & the seats were quite close together. This time I sat in more spacious seats in the balcony where one could set their drink on the floor since there's no table or cupholder available. I did trivias, watched a movie, cooking demos, games shows just generally kept busy having fun. I grabbed a popcorn most nights from Pearly Kings to eat while I watched tv. I must say the channel choices on NCL are poor, Carnival is so much better . I ate at Moderno, LeBistro (thanks Anita) & Bamboo pay restaurants & enjoyed them all. There was a mini buffet some mornings outside Moderno which was a nice option but overall I tried all the free places & never had a bad meal. I had been to all the ports on this repo cruise before except New Orleans but found something new to do at each place. Thinking back on this cruise, the nice people I met & the things I saw makes me very happy!.

Amazing Beans to Beads Cruise with the Cruzin Cuzins Nov. 7 - 21 2014

retiring soon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OF 4616
I really liked this cabin as it was in a quiet location across from the medical centre & close to the elevators.It was also just around the corner from the area we disembarked from. The only downside was the pilot boat approached at this spot so you might wake up a little earlier than you intended, OTOH you got to see the pilot.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Bar Hop
    I booked this excursion as many of the group were doing it & had recommended it. I am not much of a drinker so the drinks were not the attraction. You visit 4 beaches on the trip & have their signature shooter at each one. Unfortunately halfway through the tour it poured down rain making beaches unattractive. I had some nice chips & guac at one venue & coconut shrimp at another which I enjoyed for an additional fee. I also met a guy from our Town on the 1st beach stop for a small world experience. Nobody drank to excess on the tour even tho' some of those Margaritas were HUGE! It was a lovely tour seeing the wild part of the island.
  • Cave Tour
    This also was an interesting tour but unfortunately you can't take many pictures in the caves. The walk through the park around it was lovely with Iguanas, Snails & lovely flora. We also did a walk around the Town where I finally got to see the Oldest Synagogue in the Western Hemisphere but was unwilling to part with $10 US to see inside. The walkway back to the ship was great with nice shops & also a place where one could access free wifi. I really enjoyed Curacao this time.
    View All 71 Cave Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    I had checked upon boarding to see if a hotel drop off could be made instead of the one at the airport since I was spending the night in New Orleans, the main reason I booked this cruise since I had been on the ship & to all the ports at least once before.When they confirmed it was possible I was happy to book it. Unfortunately on the day of the tour there seemed to be a problem on the dock & the tour was over an hour late leaving thus cutting down the time alloted at each stop but not affecting the places we saw. It was a really good tour & our guide Pat & driver, Monica were lovely & helpful. I was dropped off at Hotel Drury after the airport stop. This is a great hotel with a good location, nice rooms & some free food & drinks.
    View All 46 City Tour Reviews
  • Rainforest
    This was a 4 hour tour of El Yunque Rainforest & was quite interesting. The guide Gabriel did a great job & was very personable. We had a few different stops on the tour & it was here that I met Anita who was also travelling solo so we met up a few times during the cruise.
    View All 113 Rainforest Reviews
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    This was an excursion I had long looked forward to since reading an article about the Blue Iguanas many years ago. I was unable to book this tour in May so was very happy to finally be able to in Nov even tho' I was the only person who did until a couple from my roll call joined up.We stopped at a few places other than the lovely Queen Elizabeth Botancial Garden where ther Iguana habitat is. We also had an included lunch which was very good. Conroy was an excellent guide & seemed very keen on the excursion even taking photos as he guided us around the various locations. This was a great tour & worth the money.
    View All 3,453 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews