• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

commonloon
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2015
Cabin:

My husband and I took this cruise January 30 - February 6, 2015 embarking in Montego Bay. Check in from Jamaica was short, simple and easy as was check out at the end of the cruise. We did not have to pay exit fees from Jamaica or Cuba (although we were prepared to) nor were we ever asked for proof of medical insurance. At all of our stops in Cuba, there were Cuban medical staff checking our temperatures to ensure we were not running a fever. Some stops had more bureaucracy than others in terms of wanting us to have our passports with us. We've done a lot of traveling and are used to quixotic rules. Danny was always clear in his announcements as to what we might or might need when leaving the ship so this was not a big issue.

We took crisp Canadian cash with us for exchanging into CUC and encountered no problems at the currency desks in ports. I heard that US cash could be exchanged but at a 10% surcharge. The currency desks did have exchange rates posted for a wide variety of currencies so I assume other cash was acceptable as well. A couple in front of us wanted to use a credit card to get CUCs and were told no.

Descriptions of the ship posted previously are generally accurate so I won't elaborate except to say that we had no problems with the room i.e. hot water when we wanted it, good pressure in the shower, cleaned well and regularly, etc. Yes, we were asked to put our dirty toilet paper in a trash can rather than in the toilet but on previous visits to China and the Greek Islands, we were asked to do the same.

2 Helpful Votes