3. Disney Wonder
Going on a cruise is something that I have wanted to do since I was a child. Life got in the way and time passed until I was grown and married with a child of my own. We chose to finally take a vacation this year and picked a Disney cruise as our first time sailing. The price tag can cause a bit of sticker shock when looking around which is the main reason why we chose to sail in February since it was cheaper. Looking back on it I can definitely say that you get more than your monies worth when booking a Disney cruise, the only complaint that I have on the payment end was that we chose to pay in full and when I found the exact same cruise cheaper than what I paid for I was told that because I had already paid in full I could not get a partial refund. Nonetheless, the day of embarkation went extremely smooth from the moment we arrived at port. Once we pulled up to the drop off area we were greeted by a member of Disney cruise line who took our bags and told us that they would be in our room. Several weeks before the sail date we got several tags and had to put our information on them so make sure that is done prior to arriving to port. Once we got inside we had to go through the usual screening and walking through metal detectors which depending on how crowded it is could take a while if you get stuck behind some slow movers. When you get through all that you go into the Disney terminal and check in. You will be asked to decide on whether you want to put a credit card on file or not and also this is where you get all your Disney keys which are extremely important because on the ship is completely cashless. You will wait around for a while and when your group is called you will load the ship. During the walk you will get a family picture taken both for purchase and also a picture taken for administrative purposes on the ship. From the moment you enter the ship it is extremely classy, when you walk through the doors of the ship you are introduced to the entire ship by your family name. This was honestly the most stressful part for me due to the fact it was our first time sailing and after you walk through the doors you are kind of on your own to figure out where to go unless you can get a crew members attention. Just prior to sailing away there is a big party of sorts up on the main deck where several of the characters come out and get everyone excited which is really nice. Once you sail away the vacation really begins, there are so many things to do that you can literally leave your room in the morning and not come back until you are ready to go to sleep that night. My daughter was 3 when we went and we chose to do everything as a family so I do know anything about the teen clubs or the adults only sections on the ship. There were so many things for children to do that it could almost become overwhelming to try to fit everything in. The ship itself was nothing short of luxurious and the only time I saw any maintenance being done was after most of the people on board were asleep for the night which was really good. one of the request that the ship had was that after 10 pm people tried their best to keep as quiet as possible when moving around the ship. The food on the ship was one of the best parts of the entire cruise to me, there are 3-4 restaurants that you will dine at on what is called a rotational schedule. This means that regardless of which restaurant you are assigned to you will have the same wait staff and also sit with the same people at each place. That can either be good or bad depending on how you get along with the other family you eat with. There are also several gift shops throughout the ship and like to be expected things are expensive however, they are no more expensive than any other theme park. I would suggest shopping for gifts and souvenirs early on that way you don't feel rushed to by more expensive items than you would normally do. Throughout the cruise there are several chances for the kids or adults if you want to attend meet and greets with the Disney characters. GET THERE EARLY!!! this where things seem the most chaotic due to kids being everywhere running around. Every night there will be a Broadway style show that are some of the best stage shows you will ever see. The talent of the actors is second to none and the stage shows are outstanding. Once you get to whatever stop you are going to it is also extremely organized if you booked through Disney prior to the cruise for your excursions. the night before the port you will get tickets for your excursion delivered to your room and will tell you what time to be and where. Once you get off the boat you will several touristy type places such as restaurants and gift shops with things from the local economy. On this cruise we went to grande cayman and Cozumel Mexico. Some of the locals who work at the gift shops can be kind of annoying unless you just learn to ignore them early on. I would advise people to get back on the boat with plenty of time to spare that way you don't get stuck in long lines and miss the ship leaving. For the most part Disney was really good about if we were supposed to leave at a certain time, they would make that time. The night before you are supposed to disembark you are told to either pack your bags and sit them outside the door so that you don't have to deal with them the next morning when it is time to go or keep them with you and when you go to breakfast bring all your bags with you so you will be off the ship by a certain time. We chose to keep our bags with us and when we got off it seemed like those who sent there bags forward were all the ones who were being picked for the random customs inspections. I am sure that wasn't the case but it sure seemed that way. Overall we were definitely impressed with the Disney cruise line and are planning on taking another one next year.

Best Vacation Yet!!!

Ages 3 to 6
Get Disney Wonder price drops

Standard Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11B 6639
The room was nothing fancy but was definitely roomy enough for my wife, daughter and I.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins