3. Seven Seas Mariner
We took a 10 day Regent Mariner cruise from Athens August 28 to Barcelona Sept. 6. First time on Regent and I have nothing but good things to say about this cruise line and this ship in particular. I chose this line because it only had 700 passengers (do not believe it was completely full)alcohol , all excursions were included, all inclusive (food and beverages included) and no tipping necessary (unless you wanted to do it). We were upgraded to 1052 by the cruise line and the veranda suite was wonderful. Plenty of room for everything to be unpacked and luggage stored away. The steward and stewardess always took care of any needs or requests and had our room in ship shape condition when we returned from excursions/or after dinner. We celebrated a big anniversary while on board and came back to dinner to find our room had been decorated with rose petals, a sign and balloons decorating our suite. My husband asked if they could bring him a special beer and all of a sudden a 6 pack was in our room ready for the mini refrigerator (it was stocked everyday with soft drinks, beer, and water. Food service is wonderful. We enjoyed their breakfast o the back of the ship and enjoyed the views while eating. They have 2 specialty dinner venus (make reservations ASAP) as they do fill up fast and only allow 1 reservation per venue. We really enjoyed the 2 regular dining rooms that were available. No reservations required and show up when you want to have dinner. Great service by all the personnel who seemed to be well trained in food service.The menus varies each evening and offered a large variety of food choices. We were treated first class. I definitely would consider taking this ship again and was reasonably surprised by everything about this ship. We met 2 other couples during an excursion and enjoyed many laughs and great dinners with them on the cruise. There also seemed to be repeat customers on this ship. That to me is a great testimony to this cruise line. I have one complaint: they could use more washer/dryers on the ship as many times there were people waiting to use these amenities (another nice touch which we were able to use).

Regent Mariner; Athens to Barcelona

glgblues’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Mariner price drops

Deluxe Suite
Cabin E 1052
Wonderful room. Plenty of room to store suitcases and a very large closet with drawers. Loved the veranda with the nice wicker chairs. Had coffee their most mornings.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins