3. American Star

This cruise was extremely inconsistent in service, dining, entertainment and excursions For the amount of money we spent (over $8000) we expected to have outstanding service and dining. Real lobster crackers are a must for whole lobsters - not nut crackers. I could only get to 1/2 of the meat. Poached eggs had to be sent back 3 times because the yolks were overcooked and hard. I had a meal of chicken parmesan which was inedible. The sauce and cheese I was able to pick up in one big hunk. The chicken itself was hard and dry and the risotto was hard and glue-like. Our server was in tears due to the chef attacking her in the kitchen. On several days we were in the cabin in the morning with the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. When we left on an excursion we took the sign off and expected the room to be cleaned- it was not. The ship is only 7 years old and is looking shabby. Now, that all being said, we spoke to the Hotel Manager, who was appreciative of our constructive criticism and had a discussion with the staff and the chef. Hopefully things will be corrected, but I do not think I could recommend American Cruise Lines to a friend. It is too bad because the itineraries are very interesting. Way too much money for the product delivered.

New England Islands

American Star Cruise Review by marthapalmer

• Sail Date: July 2014
  • Destination: USA

marthapalmer’s Full Rating Summary

The cabins need to be updated They are looking shabby and old. Space was good.

American Star Deck Plans