3. Carnival Triumph
5th cruise on Carnival and the second on the Triumph. Our family takes a family reunion every two years and this was our second cruise on Triumph within two years. Our first cruise on the ship needed updating, after the disaster at sea with Triumph and the ship was at dry dock for months you would believe updating would be in order. I thought the ship has to be clean and redone. ( Was Not ) The only thing I saw was new carpet in the room, Deck 7, balcony. Same old tired dirty leather sofa, hallway walls and doors dirty, & There was a foul sewer type of smell throughout the room hallways most of the time. I have always had great room stewards in the past, I never saw one the entire cruise. THE GOOD. Check In was quick and efficient, drop the luggage at 11:30 at the terminal , Park at Galveston Park and Cruise, right across the street. Joined my group and was on board having lunch at 12:30. Luggage was at the room by 2pm, enough time to unpack, go to Muster Drill, and grab a drink and watch us push away from the dock. Food: Guys is great !!! Early dinner in Paris, food was great except for the last night at sea and it was Fair at best. Again usually a great dinning experience when you interact with your servers. ( The Worst Service I have every had on a cruise Ship ) We ask to be moved but all the tables were assigned, a big group we made the best of it and still had great dinners. SHOWS, All very good; same show as we have seen in the past but still very well done. The Utley Band in the Casino bars was great. Overall it was a pleasant experience, will not sail on Triumph again time to move on to another ship.

OK Cruise Ship needs Updating

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by itexasfan

5th cruise on Carnival and the second on the Triumph.
THE GOOD.
Food:
SHOWS,
All very good; same show as we have seen in the past but still very well done.
The Utley Band in the Casino bars was great.

itexasfan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Standard room mid ship. far away from the elevators, but close enough to walk.Two flights of two flight of stairs to the Lido or Promenade Deck.two closet and plenty of room for two. Very old and worn sofa.
  Carnival Triumph Deck Plans