3. Carnival Triumph
My wife and I used faster to the fun which meant quick boarding and the room was ready. I would use FTTF on a future cruise. I expected the cabin to be in better repair. Although the carpet had been replaced recently, the writing desk had de-laminated, the closets wouldn't stay shut, and the television cabinet door was badly misaligned. There were large gaps in the baseboard moldings also. My major complaint was with the cabin room staff. Most mornings the beds were not made until well after breakfast, the last sea day was after noon. In the evenings, our cabins was freshened twice. We had early dinners and did not return until after nine. A disappointment. Our cabin stewards never introduced themselves. Restaurant service was much better. We ate each night in the Paris dining room with Christopher (from India) as our waiter. He is both very competent and personable. The food was better than I remembered from previous cruises. We enjoyed the hamburger bar immensely. As for entertainment, we made several small deposits in the slot machines. We went to the comedy club one evening, the piano bar another, and the magic show. We also went to the past cruisers social. No complaints whatsoever. At Progreso, we left the ship to shop a bit at the shops at the port. At Cozumel, we took the glass bottomed boat tour from the pier at Puerta Maya. The reefs are stunning and my wife enjoyed the shopping. Because we had FTTF, we were off the ship, passed through immigration, bused to our vehicle, and on the ferry by 9am. All in all, a pleasant cruise.

OK cruise