• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

cubsfan1032
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2013
Cabin:

My wife had been on a near identical cruise with the ship back in May with her friend only this time it went to Ibiza and not Tunis. We got a 5% discount on the booking as she had joined the MSC Club. The ship was very clean and with the exception of a DJ the staff were very good. The food in the l'Ibuscus restaurant was very nice and great service, my wife felt it was far better than in the Villa Borghese restaurant where she ate on the previous cruise Their cabin was a cheaper one on deck 5).

The design of the ship means that without the large open foyer that we found on the Adventure of the Seas there was more space for public areas and there was plenty of room in all of the 13 bars on board.

The excursions were well organised and cheaper than on RCI, you have to use the tender to get to Villefranche, I went on the Monte Carlo tour which was good but you could have saved money just going to Villefranche and getting a public bus to Nice.

Lovely balcony, reasonable amount of room with enough drawers and hanging space, a safe and hair dryer. No tea and coffee though so we took a travel kettle from Robert Dyas and our own tea bags and coffee although these can be obtained from the cafeteria.The cabin is directly underneath the pool deck and so prone to loud music at night and sounds of deck chairs being put out and railings being cleaned at 7am, thought at one point we were being boarded by pirates.

Port Reviews

Ibiza

We took the shuttle into the town as its too far to walk. Lots of great shops to browse and the timing is done so you can go to a club if you want.

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

Only had an evening here but such a pretty city

Palermo (Sicily)

You can walk in straight form the ship, on a sunday many of the shops are shut but I found an interesting market to walk around and the cathedral is pretty spectacular but don't bother with the Norman Palace, you cant take pictures and if you are used to historic European buildings this will be a let down.

Villefranche

Managed to see Monte Carlo and Monaco on a quick walking tour. All the buses seem to stop at the Faronguard perfume factory for half an hour which just leaves half an hour to see the wonderful Medieval town of eve at the top of the hill above the factory. As my wife said the perfumery wasn't worth it I hiked straight up to Eze which is not for the unfit and even the hour I had wasn't enough but is better than the perfume factory.

previous reviewnext review