3. Carnival Dream

The ship was recently returned to service from dry dock when we sailed. It was overall a very nice, spacious ship.

Ship Layout: The ship had ample space, a nice deck plan and was easy to navigate. I love the Ocean Plaza; it added a nice touch to the ship. The outside deck around the Promenade was outstanding in my opinion. I did notice a space just to the aft of the Ocean View plaza that appeared unused and awkward for a ship--something nice could've been there.

Dining: Nice dining rooms. Service in aft dining room was not in line with my expectations of Carnival. We waited for over an hour the second night for our food. We demanded to be moved to the middle dining room the following night. They did arrange for us to me moved after several conversations with ship staff. The food and service in the middle dining room was much better. Buffets were average; nothing special. This ship should've received all of the FunShip 2.0 dining options while in dry dock, but didn't. I've had much better food on other Carnival ships.

The shows in the show lounge was good, but nothing spectacular.

I loved the Red Frog Rum Bar. The selection and atmosphere was great.

The water park was nice, but once again some FunShip 2.0 upgrades would be welcome here.

The staff on the ship done an overall excellent job. However, I could tell they were not always working as a team on this ship--many didn't have the "I'm proud to be a member of the Carnival Dream" type attitude as I've seen on other cruises before.

Boarding was easy and fast. Port Canaveral is nice, but I don't like leaving from a port that is over 50 miles from a major airport.

Carnvial Dream Oct 2012

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by bushmouse

The shows in the show lounge was good, but nothing spectacular.

I loved the Red Frog Rum Bar. The selection and atmosphere was great.

bushmouse’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin 8E 10274

Room was nice. We had a connecting stateroom to other family members. Our stateroom steward opened the balcony door between staterooms so we could share our balconies. Bed was comfortable and there was ample space in the room.

Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins