3. Marella Spirit
My wife and I, plus two friends have had a wonderful cruise on the Thomson Spirit. We sailed out of Newcastle on the Fjords & Glaciers cruise. This was the first time we have we have sailed with Thomson and hopefully it will not be the last. OK, the ship is starting to show it's age but the whole crew keep it spotless and what ever the time of day they always greet you with a smile. We had an outside cabin (356) on deck 4. The cabin was spacious with 2 bunks, and plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. It was kept very clean by Nika and Jonathan who looked after us and did a nice turn down service at night. The food and dining was excellent ( I actually put on 6 lbs!!) and were served by our two waiters, Ludi & Jose who made us most welcome with their patter and always with a smile. The entertainment team lead by Richard put on a first class show every night. The dancing and singing would not go amiss on any of the West End theatres. The guest entertainer was Bernie Flint from Opportunity Knocks fame. Well, he had the audience in stitches with his stories and jokes! He proved to be a very versatile entertainer. In summing up the Thomson Spirit gave us a worthwhile experience of cruising on a small friendly ship'

Excellent Ship!!