• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

ann2201
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2013
Cabin:

We embarked at Barcelona and were really impressed with the check in, We had checked in online and I would definitely recommend this as these are taken first. So we were on the ship in no time. Really happy at this point and was over the moon as we didn't pay a huge amount for what was looking to be a terrific experience for what was an extra break away. Would never normally go in February.

First 'hiccup' occurred when we went to book a couple of the drinks packages. We had contemplated the Allegrissimo but in the end decided against it, and as I had booked this on the website which said it could be cancelled up to 4 days before embarkation, we cancelled several weeks before. When trying to book the drinks packages, cocktails, soft drinks etc. I was til that we already had Allegrissimo so didn't need these. I explained that I had cancelled this and was told to see the Reception. So hot footed it to there to explain this was cancelled. Unfortunately, this is where things went a bit downhill. The reception assistant was extremely rude and arrogant, was told that there was no way this could be cancelled so tough. 370 euro already charged on my card. I questioned this because I understood if it was prebooked I did not need to pay the 15%. Told I was wrong, only if I prepaid. Wont go on at length but Accounting were just as rude and arrogant so we decided just to live with it although this put a dent in our budget straight away.

The first day at sea was good, Bora Bora had a good selection for most tastes, but the food was not as warm as we would have liked. We did not discover desserts until the second last day, thru at the far end Pago, Pago I think.

A lot of noise from the engine, plus a 'rattling'. Not enough drawer space. Could use some soap on the WHB.

Find an MSC Splendida Cruise from $139