3. Carnival Triumph
Ship was about 6 hours late arriving Galveston to a mechanical issue. We were informed pretty early on in the day not to expect to check-in until 6:30 pm at the earliest. The embarkation was horrible. When vessels such as Ecstasy docked in Galveston, it wasnt so bad. The number of passengers on Triumph overwhelms shoreside capability especially screening and check-in. We were told at check-in that the ship would not be going to Cozumel but rather Progreso, and we were offered the option of cancelling or receiving a $50.00 per person credit. After standing in lines for so long, I don't think I saw anyone cancel. Debarkation was fine. On-board, Triumph had some of the longest lines Ive ever seen on a cruise ship. Lines at Lido Dining Room were terrible, often because only one side of the buffet was open. Our cabin had a odor of urine in the bathroom the entire cruise. We never met our cabin steward. Progreso is no Cozumel unless you want to do a particular shoreside activity, such as seeing the Mayan ruins. IMHO, Progreso is just a "place to go," certainly not someplace that could become your favorite destination. I would have a difficult time recommending this particular cruise again. Nothing against Carnival in general, but having done this particular cruise itinerary on Carnival 5 times previous this was the worst. Finally we probably saw more obnoxious 20-something ruffians on this ship than any previous cruise. I would think the low price and proximity have a lot to do with this. Nothing dangerous but several uncalled for loud expletive filled exchanges with wait staff in Paris dining room made for an uncomfortable situation.

Meh....

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by joetul

After standing in lines for so long, I don't think I saw anyone cancel.
Debarkation was fine.

joetul’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin 8B 6268
6268 Urine smell in bathroom Carpet dirty against baseboards. Easy access to cabin from forward elevators.
Overall, vessel need a refit.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins