• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Chameleon
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2012
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 1B

We have been on 19 cruise and this was our second time on Solstice and our 6th Celebrity cruise. We decided to spend 2 days prior to the cruise at the Hotel Silken Las Rambla. The two days at the hotel gave us time to get into 'holiday mode' and we were able to enjoy the delights that Barcelona has to offer.

Embarkation was smooth and we were soon able to get our cabin in order. This time I had booked cabin 7354, it was starboard aft and had a slightly larger balcony thanks to it's irregular shape.The cabin was fine but on reflection I think I would have chosen the next floor up for a slightly better position. Having said that, the starboard side for this cruise was great! The stateroom and his attendant were excellent.

The food both in the Oceanview Cafe and Main Dining Room was of excellent quality. We were on the Constellation at Christmas and I have to say that the food on the Solstice was by far superior. I think that the food had improved in quality and the service we received in the restaurant was wonderful. The 'brunch' buffet was amazing and was well worth attending even if you didn't eat anything!

Deluxe Veranda 1B

Cabin 1B

7354 has the bed by the balcony doors. There is adequate closet space if you use the overhead cupboards over the bed. We found that coffee table is best placed in the corner of the room by the balcony door.The balcony has a small irregular shape so it is slight larger than the normal outside balcony. You do not have a view aft but can see forward. I think that the balcony above may be a slightly better position.

previous reviewnext review