3. Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination on 7-16-2012 Key West, Fl and Cozumel, Mexico / 4 day Cruise This was the one you fear and have read about before. Kids running amuck all hours of the night stomping and banging on doors. Food lines were closed down early all over the ship, fun times posts and Port Times are shortened! Waterworks slides were like a pool in the projects, line cutting. (attendant just laughed) Carnival excursions are expensive and short! Book Local !! The price was $150. Per day PP, the most I have spent in 7 cruises. Parking (in the sun) $20/ day. Ants infested our van there. MIAMI. Bar keep saw our coupons and ignored us. The tips were posted on my account at the highest rate ever. We had no ice in the room (for a day) , no refrigerator and no blow dryer. Which is common on that ship, I hear. The wait staff was rude on a night we seated 15 minutes prior to the next seat time. I reduced my tips at the guest services as a result. Carnival is not consistent, not vigilant, and has gotten too expensive. Our local excursions were cheap and great! I believe that the real "Carnival" is on the bigger vessels and anything less than 5000 persons now gets a "whatever style cruise". I only wish I had paid the "whatever style" price. Artificial reefs anyone? Getting off and on the ship was easy, getting food was difficult. Mongolian bar wait was 45 min... and it was terrible. Food lines closed 30 minutes early consistently with people looking around to eat... at $150.00 per person day?.... Really? Ports of call were great, port times were shortened from posted itineraries. Same tired menu and so so food on this cruise. We had a touch of the stomach bug from the first lunch, but bounced back. Sailing was nice. Service was reduced it seemed. One wait staff per table per course, I have seen up to three before. The shows were good and the comics were funny. It is still too much of the "you guys entertain each other" shows that save the cruise line money. Karaoke, game shows etc. ad nauseum..

Is this the real Carnival after all?

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Dzul Ha

• Sail Date: July 2012
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower

This was the one you fear and have read about before.
Kids running amuck all hours of the night stomping and banging on doors.
Carnival excursions are expensive and short! Book Local !!
Bar keep saw our coupons and ignored us.
I reduced my tips at the guest services as a result.
Getting off and on the ship was easy, getting food was difficult.
Dzul Ha’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A 81
no ref.. no hair dryer.. no ice in bucket half the time.. huge tips on my card..
Is this real life? Is this going to be like this forever?
(utube dentist kid quote)
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins