3. Carnival Inspiration
Sitting in the Long Beach Airport waiting for the flight home after our Carnival trip. The teens had a lot of fun, but the Inspiration is without a doubt, the most god-awful looking ship Joe Farcus ever designed. I used to tell people to try the short CA cruise to see if they enjoyed cruising - never again. If this was my first ship, I would certainly not be sold on cruising. While they made a big deal about us being "VIPs" when we were boarding, they didn't offer anything but the regular long delayed line for disembarkation. Apparently, our VIP status must have expired along with the cruise card charging ability:) The suite was comfortable and the cabin steward was pleasant, but the decor is drab and for the price the cruise line could certainly afford to add a few amenities (Carnival Corp has some of the best suite amenities in the business on its Princess ships - so they know how to do it) The staff, with only a few exceptions, seemed relegated to their fate on this ship....not a smile to found. The pool was closed for repair one the first day of a three day cruise - really?? Seems like an inopportune time for repair. And unfortunately the sea day was cloudy and cool so the pool wasn't as appealing (although certainly not Carnival's fault) The food on Carnival used to be pretty good - now it's not even Applebee's quality. I really wish RCCL would put a ship back on this itinerary - it was a much nicer experience. My advice is to spend a bit more and fly to the east coast where there are many nice ships to choose from that visit much more pleasant ports. Goodbye Carnival!

Not a good value - poor mass marketing product

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by mringenoldus

Rates
Ages 16+

Grand Suite
Cabin GS U112
Very good location. Pull out bed very comfortable. Decor very dull.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins