3. Carnival Inspiration
First of all let me say that I've been on 7 cruises and 5 of them have been on Carnival. It's been about 5 years since my last carnival cruise before Inspiration. Embarkation was great, we arrived about 10:45 and if your driving I would say that the valet parking is a must do, it's only $10.00 extra well worth it. We unloaded there at the dock and paid for the parking and were off. We went in side and there was a small line waiting to go upstairs. About 11:00 we were off and went upstairs for the check-in. We got to use the skippers club check-in, no big deal, but no waiting. We checked in and got our S/S cards an went to a holding area and by 11:30 we were on the ship. We got on and went to look for our room. Not ready yet, but we looked at it anyway. We then went to the lido deck to eat lunch and it was very good. By the time we were done our room was ready. Like I said before I've been on Carnival, and I was a little disappointed in the cabin (suite). Just not what I expected. The first night at sea that was the roughest night I have ever felt on a cruise, now I know that's not the fault of the ship, but I was wondering if the ship was having problem it was moving so much. It didn't bother my wife and I, but a lot of people were sick that night. The rest of the cruise was smooth sailing. Grand Caymen This place is starting to be my least favorite port. We got there and they almost didn't let us tender in, but waited about 2 hours and said ok. luckily we didn't have a tour booked. Needless to say we got in town about 11:30 as they let everyone with a tour booked off first. So we had to be back on ship by 1:30 so we didn't have anytime to do anything but buy a couple of tee's and get back. Cozumel Always my most favorite, what can I say? Pancho's Backyard is a great place for a drink and a great meal. On board I was very unhappy with the atmosphere on the pool deck. There is almost no music to speak of, we they played the played about 1 or two songs and then they would break for an hour. Come on Carnival. The pool games were little to nothing,(bellyflop contest, hairychest, fearfactor) the social host were horrible. The best time we had was in the Avant Garde bar were these four Asian guys were playing old rock-n-roll. Now I'll tell you they were great. We spent the next two night listening to them. If you go be sure and look for them. They were call "Music Network"... Awesome.... Gambling I played some of all of it and only thing I had some success was on 3 card poker, won about 250.00. All the slots seem to be tight, except the last night a lot of people were hitting some money, even my wife. One thing that really got me steamed was you couldn't get hot full breakfast for room service, only cold stuff like muffins and danish. Don't get me wrong we had a great time and I WILL cruise again, but we are going back to Royal CL.

Carnival Inspiration - Western Caribbean