MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by lulusinta
- Sail Date: April 2012
- Destination: Western Mediterranean
1. Dining was so-so. Service was acceptable but the food was not palatable, most of it. The theme was Italian and could have used more variety. Because of the food quality, I imagine there must have been a ton of wasted food. There were some specialty "for fee" restaurants but they were expensive. The dinner schedule was good, preventing all 4000 passengers from crowding the dining room all at the same time. The breakfast and lunch schedules could have used the same type of schedule.
2. The disembarkation procedures were chaotic and disorganized to say the least. The reception desk was inefficient and ineffectual. There was no reason for the guests to be out of the cabins at 0800 if the issuance of the passports was not done shortly after 0800.
3. Cabin service was poor. " we will send you extra pillows right now" takes an hour. Our laundry was delivered on the eve of our disembarkation, which made disembarkation matters worse.
4. There were many rude passengers. Too much cutting in the buffet lines and even elevators. There were no rules for unruly behavior for children. Too much running noisily along the hallways.
5. Entertainment was lame although the team tried their best. There was an excellent show that was a tribute to Michael Jackson. Clearly the performers were professionals.
6. Spa services were just acceptable, nothing to write home about.
7. Tour excursion presentations were given priority over safety measures like evacuation.
1. Port excursions were organized. Clearly a money-making scheme though, but it was worth it, for the most part.
2. There was a schedule Easter service even though it was in Italian and French.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
GenoaWe walked from the port to the city and it was lovely.View All 307 Genoa Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Genoa Cruise Port Review
City TourIt was ok, the tour guide did her best. The tour was given in French and EnglishView All 52 City Tour Reviews
Pompeii Walking TourAn excellent walking tour of the ruins. The guide had lots of facts and trivia to share.View All 370 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
PalermoLovely city but the taxi drivers and other peddlers were aggressive.View All 226 Palermo Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Palermo Cruise Port Review
Sidi Bou Said Walking TourThe museum was an excellent part of the tour even if the museum was not constructed completely. The market tour was unnecessary. No clean bathrooms.View All 5 Sidi Bou Said Walking Tour Reviews