Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by alicat86

Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: alicat86
Cruise Date: November 2011
Cabin Category: RS
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Extremely disappointed
We had a Celebrity suite on the Solstice and loved it! We thought since this was our anniversary we would upgrade to the Royal suite. The following are some of the issues we encountered during our cruise.

We boarded the ship early and were able to access our suite about noon. We loved the suite. However it did not appear to be vacuumed very well. There were fabric threads and plastic things on the living room carpet.

We called for ice about 1 pm and then again at 1:45 pm and it wasn't until we saw our room steward that we were able to get ice at about 2ish. When we finally did meet our Butler (Caesar) about 4ish he said that he had been "in a meeting"

We ordered 4 bottles of alcohol for a stateroom set up (they were in the room when we arrived) I also gifted myself 2 bottles of wine. I had a difficult time getting them delivered to our room. Our Butler said that there wasn't a record of us ordering any wine. On the second day I ended up having to go down to guests services and show them the email proving that I had paid for them but it wasn't until we complained to Bernhard that we finally got one of the bottles delivered to our room. We had to wait for the second bottle to deliver 2 days later. Not to mention that I waited for over an hour to get a corkscrew from our butler, when it did not arrive my sister called her butler (Nelson, she was in 2129) and he loaned us his before we ever saw our Butler who said that he had been in yet another meeting and couldn't get to us sooner.

Later in the evening on our first night we came back to our suite and there were several flower arrangements, a cake and strawberries delivered without cards attached. I had ordered flowers and as it turns out my sister ordered a honeymoon package which included flowers, champagne and breakfast and if she hadn't mentioned it I would have never known who ordered what and who to thank (which I'm still not sure) When asked the butler said that he didn't have the information available.

I went into our mini bar to get a soda and there was a open can of Coca Cola in it. The mini bar was never restocked throughout our cruise. I had taken a bottle of the wine out of it (when I couldn't get what I ordered delivered and it was never restocked)

There were shoes under the bed that did not belong to us.] When we told our Butler about it he said he would let our room steward know about it rather than remove them himself). Two days later the shoes were still there.

Our Butler was ALWAYS on the phone when he came into our room. Or at the very least answering a call after he entered our suite.

Room service took forever (at least 45minutes to an hour each time) and when it finally arrived the food was overcooked and cold. On one occasion Nelson my sisters butler delivered our food to us. (He knew my sister was in our suite)

My luggage was confiscated. The first evening after asking numerous people where my luggage could possibly be and steward suggested that I check to seeing if it was being held. After going to the 4th floor standing in line for over 30 minutes. They scan my bag in front of me and don't find anything wrong with it. (I didn't have alcohol or an iron in it)

And last but not least I need to mention that that there was a huge group of young girls for the American Girl cruise . . . From what I heard there were over 700 in attendance. Needless to say, they and their dolls were everywhere!!! Breakfast, playing in the elevators, POOLSIDE, There was not enough pool staff to clean up after all of the children eating poolside and the mess that was left afterward. They were even in the night club (the DJ finally after over an hour announced that no one under 18 was allowed) There were even kids at the Casino bar . . . Need I say more?

As I mentioned we cruised on the Celebrity Solstice in April and it was perfection. We were in a Celebrity suite and had a wonderful butler that went out of his way to accommodate us. After that cruise I was a Celebrity customer for life. Now after traveling on the Eclipse I will definitely consider other cruise lines. We upgraded to the Royal suite anticipating even a better experience and as you can tell we were extremely disappointed.

We left negative comments on the comment card and got a dismissive call from Celebrity.

Publication Date: 02/01/12