Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by paddle12345: Panama Canal cruising

Panama Canal cruising

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: Seattle

We have been cruising with Celebrity for the last 5 years. I personally don't want to change cruise companies since everything we want on a cruise, they offer.
The staff on the Infinity are amazing. They are friendly and cannot do enough for you.
The ship is very comfortable and just big enough that it doesn't feel at all crowded.
The food is great and plenty of choices. One thing that I ate a lot of were green apples since they help when you feel a bit queasy.
We actually met a person that was our waiter about 1 1/2 years ago. He didn't remember our names but he did remember that my husband took fruity loops for breakfast. I must say I was really impressed.
I would do this same cruise again in a moment. 17 nights give you plenty of sea days which I think are the nicest. Don't mind going ashore now and again but we prefer the sea days.
The lectures are very informative and we try to attend them. If you are planning on going through the Panama More Canal I would advise you to attend them since they give you a lot of good information.
There is so much to do on the ship if you want to be busy, but we tend to do our own thing.
This is the 2nd time we went through the Panama, it's interesting all the things that you miss the first time. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Vista Deck (7) 6098

We had stateroom #6098. It is very close to the elevators and mid ship. Very quiet location. you look down on the lifeboats which some people like since they are not looking straight down at the ocean. Lots of room for clothing.

We didn't get off this time but I have gone into Cabo before. It is a cute port but you have to be tendered.

We prefer to stay on the pier. There are shops with local arts and crafts. A coffee shop and restaurant. A very nice place to sit under a awning or trees where you can have a beer etc.

We had a great time in Puerto Vallarta. Our tour was called 'Mexican Fiesta". Visit the Hacienda Dona Engracia where they put on a great party. This comes with a very nice lunch. You than visit the tequila factory where you get free samples of the different tequilas. This was the best tour we had ever been on. They than take you shopping for a little while and of course you get to visit this old church, which is beautiful.

Didn't get off this time but they have some very nice tours. The one we took the last time was a tour through the country side with a stop in a village where children perform a traditional dance for you. A stop at a Church and of course shopping.

We just went out on our own to Pier 39. The big thing about San Francisco is getting back on the ship. They make you walk it seemed to me a mile up these ramps. Anybody that has a problem walking either stays on the ship on gets a wheelchair. We were there for 2 days but we only went out the one since I wasn't going to do the thing with the ramps for a second day. And I don't have any problems walking. I asked if they had an elevator, no, I than asked if they had an escalator, he said that it wasn't working.