Island Escape Cruise Review by Paulette Ashford: Fantastic Western Med cruise

Fantastic Western Med cruise

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Having sailed on the Island Escape a few times I'm impressed to see it gets better every time. Ok the ship is tired but we know when we book it's not 5*. The entertainment is excellent with Ross Roberts the entertainment Director and his show team giving us fantastic shows every night

The cabin was adequate with plenty of storage and for saying we were on deck 3 surprisingly hardly any engine noise.

The food was great, plentiful and varied with two self service restaurant's to choose from.

The ports of call were Tangier, Casablanca, Gibraltar, Almeria, Cartagena and Palma. The trips like all other ships excursion's were way over priced.We just hopped in a local taxi or did the open top bus trip for a fraction of the cost.

We have been on other cruise liners and to be quite honest pound for pound you can't beat the homely feel that this ship has to offer. They make you feel part of the ships family and nothing is too much trouble for them.

I More look forward to my next cruise on Island Escape and to all those who moan about the old tired ship, I will never tire of her! Less

Published 09/26/11

Paulette Ashford
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?