“Fantastic Western Med cruise”
Cruise review of Thomson Cruises Island Escape

Paulette Ashford Island Escape 5 Fantastic Western Med cruise
Paulette Ashford
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Having sailed on the Island Escape a few times I'm impressed to see it gets better every time. Ok the ship is tired but we know when we book it's not 5*. The entertainment is excellent with Ross Roberts the entertainment Director and his show team giving us fantastic shows every night

The cabin was adequate with plenty of storage and for saying we were on deck 3 surprisingly hardly any engine noise.

The food was great, plentiful and varied with two self service restaurant's to choose from.

The ports of call were Tangier, Casablanca, Gibraltar, Almeria, Cartagena and Palma. The trips like all other ships excursion's were way over priced.We just hopped in a local taxi or did the open top bus trip for a fraction of the cost.

We have been on other cruise liners and to be quite honest pound for pound you can't beat the homely feel that this ship has to offer. They make you feel part of the ships family and nothing is too much trouble for them.

I look forward to my next cruise on Island Escape and to all those who moan about the old tired ship, I will never tire of her!

Overall Ratings

Published 09/26/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Island Escape Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?